Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 91 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Florida Savvy

What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Just checked today (8th Aug) 1.91 to the pound!!! How low!!

We're not going until next April but want to get a good deal - I don't want to buy £2000 worth now!

Anyone got some inside information on the dollar?

Cheers
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

No such thing as inside information, no one knows what the dollar will do. even at 1.91 its a great rate.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pudders
    Just checked today (8th Aug) 1.91 to the pound!!! How low!!

We're not going until next April but want to get a good deal - I don't want to buy £2000 worth now!

Anyone got some inside information on the dollar?

Cheers
    [/quote]

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Clayton, as said on many different threads, its anyones guess to what the rate will be.

Still 1.91 is an excellent rate, compared to five years ago at 1.50, why not exchange some now and some later, this way you are edging your bets a bit.

all I can say is that I am out here at the moment and at least I am getting more fuel in the tank, the price is dropping on a daily basis.

It may well have something to do with the dollar gaining strength against the pound, who knows.
    CERI

It was saying on telext that the rate of the dollar was linked to the Uk hose market so many re-possessions so UK is to blame people are moving there money around [msnmad]
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We seem to have 2 virtually identical threads going on this at the moment. See http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_46705.asp

Today's level is pretty close to the lowest since 2006. Whether that constitutes a 'good rate' will depend upon the time frame you use. Set against the level of November 2007, it's dropped 10%. Set against just 3 weeks ago, it's dropped 5%. Set against 2003, it's risen 25%.

Now, what's that phrase about lies, d*** lies and statistics?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I've locked the other thread and invited people to carry on the discussions here.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    We seem to have 2 virtually identical threads going on this at the moment. See http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_46705.asp

[/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY

Still 1.91 is an excellent rate, compared to five years ago at 1.50, why not exchange some now and some later, this way you are edging your bets a bit.[/quote]I can understand why that might work well for some people but bear in mind that exchanging this far in advance of spending means that you should factor in the loss of interest you would have received on the sterling during the period. That could well be 3-4% so the rate would have to drop at least a further 6-7 cents to make it worthwhile.

Florida Chatterbox
    I the very weak dollar is coming to an end for now and it really all to do with less demand world wide for commodities, lesser US growth and the fact European economy now also is being hit by slower prospects etc.

I think I posted a similar post last month and I entirely agree with Martin 1.91 is still a great rate and we should be preparred to see an even bigger correction from these historically very weak USD levels.

Expect a little turmoil around these levels then by year end towards 1.85 mayben even 1.8.

Only if we see commodity price rise again (Oil, Gold, Copper etc.) would the USD again weaken or if we see a radical change in the interest rate policies from the central banks.

TOM
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1231.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Marks & Spencer offering a miserable $1.85 late this afternoon!!

Edit 12.8.08 - Pound now below $1.90 for the first time since 2006 after the umpteenth successive daily fall in its value against a strengthening dollar.

Florida Savvy
    Just been checking some of the news sites and they think that it's going to get worse!! Think I'll have ot buy some now!

Oh to have a crystal ball!![msnwink]

Clayton, Pippa & Heather