Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Gold 5 Star Member
    There's been a slow but steady decline in the Pound over the last few weeks and another fall today has brought it below $1.65. Still not bad but $1.70 seems a long way away at the moment.

Yes, and I had to send a small amount over and only got $1.62 yesterday so glad it was a small amount!

Gold 5 Star Member
    The decline seems to show no signs of reversing just now.

A few weeks ago you could probably get $1.70 for your Pound. Today you'll do well to get $1.60.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's all down to the polls getting closer for the Scotland referendum. IMHO I wouldn't expect to see Sterling go anywhere but down until the vote on Sept 18. If there is a Yes vote I think we should expect a year or two of volatility while everything is worked out. A No vote will likely strengthen the pound again, IMHO; especially with the BoE starting to make more serious noises about rate rises.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    If the yes vote win, it will be a very bumpy ride for sometime.... This split is not good for the UK as a whole but if the yes brigade do win, they should not be allowed to take the pound or anything else....... for that matter.

We can all thank Alex Salmond and his cohorts in the SNP for this, hope the NO vote wins. I am Scottish but also British. This has just caused strife and nastiness in the country.

Andrena

Florida Savvy
    Maybe you'd like to blame George Osborne and his threat against the Scots having a currency union. Then when you've thought it through you might want to keep politics off a commercial forum if you're still looking to rent villas from people in an independent Scotland. Oh - and to clarify. This isn't about Alex Salmond or the SNP. Education is a wonderful thing.
    Helen

I think any divorce is sad and very rarely do either party end up better off than they were together.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't wish to get involved in the independence debate here but, if it is the reason, why isn't there a corresponding fall against other currencies? The fall against the Euro is nothing like as great.

(Not really a question, more me reminding myself that I shouldn't even attempt to understand this stuff!)
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 09-09-2014 at 07:06.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I don't wish to get involved in the independence debate here but, if it is the reason, why isn't there a corresponding fall against other currencies? The fall against the Euro is nothing like as great.

(Not really a question, more me reminding myself that I shouldn't even attempt to understand this stuff!)
    Did wonder that myself - see this morning it has already lost ground and is down to $1.609