Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Predicted to drop even lower if xmas shopping doesn't pick up. This would be an indication that our economic recovery has stalled, I think that it is more a case of overly inflated prices.

$1.59 at the moment [msncry]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Well, we're certainly at a relative low, but I still bet on it climbing back up to the 190's by the end of the year. Although, I'm not a particularly successful gambler.[/quote]As another unsuccessful gambler, I will act as a Bookmaker if you wish and offer you 5 to 1 on that bet. You get five virtual pints if you are correct - I get just one if you are wrong.

I would be very surprised if the rate was above 1.60 by the end of the year![/quote]This was posted in early October and with only a few trading days left this year, the Pound has just dropped below $1.60.

No virtual pints for Tonish it seems but Robert's crystal ball looks to be spot on![msnwink][/quote]Well, it looks like I owe Robert a virtual pint. I'm sitting in Florida at the moment, beside the pool with a marguerita so I'm not that bothered that I got it wrong.

However, I've made a mental note to go see the FX trading guys when I get back to the desk in January and be less than complimentary about their predictions. I get paid in dollars so the exchange rate is a major factor for me. Fortunately this year I chose to take an average rate for the year rather than a spot rate so it's worked out OK overall.

I think Robert and Katy's Grandad should consider offering their services in the City; in future I'll be listening to them rather than the traders!
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TonishI think Robert and Katy's Grandad should consider offering their services in the City; in future I'll be listening to them rather than the traders![/quote]

Where's my bonus then? Have a great Christmas Peter!

Gold 5 Star Member
    The Pound has closed the year just under $1.62 which is around 17 cents higher than at the start of the 2009. In between those dates it's fallen to as low as $1.36 with a high just above $1.70.

Well a slight recovery over the last few days to $1.6276.

Apparently something to do with reducing our trade deficit [stupid1]

Florida Chatterbox
    it seems to have settled down around the same rate for some time now, which suggests it has found a new level.... although anytime I have predicted this in the past it has moved sharply up or down the next day[msnembarrased]

Just seems to be hanging around the $1.62 area at the moment.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've seen a bit of a fall in the rate over the last couple of weeks and this morning it's just above $1.57 (around $1.51 retail) which is as low as it's been in several months. Early days but not a great start to 2010.

I was reading an article suggesting it could get worse through 2010, I hope they are very wrong.
    Dave [msnsmile2]