Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Florida Chatterbox
    $1.721 today with TMS/CCE for those of us travelling in late Feb or early March. That'll work.

http://www.travelmoneyservices.co.uk

Florida Junior
    Interesting deal from thomas cook. pre-order currency collect & pay at the airport and get best rate of either time of order or time of collection

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    $1.721 today with TMS/CCE for those of us travelling in late Feb or early March. That'll work.

[/quote]

Considering where the rate is today that seems a good deal although the usual concerns about the safety of your money in the period in between remain.

If you're happy to take the risk, very attractive I'd say.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:$1.721 today with TMS/CCE for those of us travelling in late Feb or early March. That'll work.

http://www.travelmoneyservices.co.uk[/quote]I believe this is the sister company to Crown Currency Services(they have the same address)

This company has been covered many times on this forum.

They are not FSA registered - essentially you are trusting the company with your money.

This quote from an earlier thread. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:there is no security for your money until you receive your currency. No financial services authority requirements to place customers money is a seperate clients trust account, no compensation fund, no need to get accounts audited, no ombudsman etc etc. It is surely time that the government introduced strict financial requirements and proceedures for all currency exchange firms ...customers must have either 100% security and/or a compensation fund. At present there is neither so customers could just be left high and dry. This is not to say that "crown" are doing anything wrong. However their last accounts, published via company house, do not show a strong balance sheet position.[/quote]I stress that I have never heard of any transaction not being honoured, or any problems with the company.

However I for one would not dream of depositing my money with any firm without security for that money.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've nothing against this company and have used it for an immediate exchange to HK$ where my currency arrived a few days later without any problem. However, it can't be denied that there is a risk and it might be a disaster waiting to happen.

I see that they will give you a rate for exchange right up to January 2011 but will take your Sterling for it today. I certainly wouldn't entrust my money to anybody for that length of time without some security.

Nevertheless, like Robert, so far I'm not aware of anybody not receiving their currency.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, I've just ordered $700 with them at that rate for next March. I'll report back when it's arrived!
    Dave.

Has the dollar just decided to hang around the $1.64 - £1.66 rate for the last few days or are we going to see an increase.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
    Has the dollar just decided to hang around the $1.64 - £1.66 rate for the last few days or are we going to see an increase.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    [/quote]

Would be nice, but who knows?

It's been more or less stuck in the $1.62-$1.68 range for a long time now. I have as little chance of accurately predicting the future as anybody but I don't see anything that's going to shift it much out of that range in the near future. (Cue immediate massive move![msnwink])

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well I suppose it was inevitable! The Pound fell almost 2 cents to a 6 week low today.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Well, we're certainly at a relative low, but I still bet on it climbing back up to the 190's by the end of the year. Although, I'm not a particularly successful gambler.[/quote]As another unsuccessful gambler, I will act as a Bookmaker if you wish and offer you 5 to 1 on that bet. You get five virtual pints if you are correct - I get just one if you are wrong.

I would be very surprised if the rate was above 1.60 by the end of the year!
    [/quote]

This was posted in early October and with only a few trading days left this year, the Pound has just dropped below $1.60.

No virtual pints for Tonish it seems but Robert's crystal ball looks to be spot on![msnwink]