Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

monday past .....$1.36c for £1. I wish i had bought all my dollars i need before christmas $1.57 -£1....its a hell of a drop for anyone buying a couple of thousand dollars .Lets just hope the pound picks up a bit stronger in the next month or two .

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    monday past .....$1.36c for £1.
    Is that a typo? We all know that the rate has dropped a long way over recent months but I'd expect to get around $1.45 even when it was at it low point a few days ago.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I got $1.50 yesterday at an exchange in the City of London
    Jan&Steve

This is not a typo ...but maybe a mistake posted on the bureau de change at the post office in Livingston...i certainly hope it is a mistake . .

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    This is not a typo ...but maybe a mistake posted on the bureau de change at the post office in Livingston...i certainly hope it is a mistake . .
    I've only ever bought dollars once from the Post Office and the rate was awful but, as you say, that looks like an error. I'd see $1.45 as about right last Monday.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 17-03-2013 at 02:16.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I think that rate is possibly right for the post office. Mark & Spencer always offer a better rate $1.4669 at the moment.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes never buy dollars from the Post Office, I sussed that one out years ago!
    Andy

Good to hear about the post office ...we usually change our euros there (but admittedly not done so for some years now) .....does anyone have a certain place where they get a good rate or is it just shop around and hope for the best ???(the dollars i got before christmas was at barrhead travel so i will give them a phone and see what their rate is ) If i see it at $1.50 i will jump at the chance to get my(our) spending money ....as i said i got $1.57 before christmas and only bought $500 for the kids to put by ...hoping it might encourage them to save for their holiday in florida in June .
    Last edited by seanchai; 18-03-2013 at 20:50.

Florida Chatterbox
    Martyn Lewis website has a best rate checking tool

Thanks Vickk ...i will check that one out .