Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

Posts crossed - great minds etc
    [/quote]

Indeed Robert! As I'm traveling next week, this is bad news for me. Luckily I've paid for most things in advance but the worst aspect of all this for me is that I'd got into a mindset where I'd stopped mentally converting every dollar price I saw because it was all cheap!

Back to mental arithmetic now. Anybody know an easy way to apply $1.45 without a calculator??

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Back to mental arithmetic now. Anybody know an easy way to apply $1.45 without a calculator??[/quote]

Multiply the US$ price by 0.6896551724 to get Sterling!!! or rather get the wife to do it!

Anyway by next week it will be lower!

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    At the risk of being a Job's Comforter-the pound is also plummeting against the Euro so although overall the exchange rate is worse-comparitively the US is still better value than Europe in my opinion. The levels of service etc are far superior to Europe so for me although it will cost more it is still a no-brainer!

Florida Chatterbox
    We are over just now and I've found the best way is to think of $1 as 66p as a rough guide. So to simplify just think of 2/3 ie $10 = £6.60 or $100 = £66
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andy_d
    We are over just now and I've found the best way is to think of $1 as 66p as a rough guide. So to simplify just think of 2/3 ie $10 = £6.60 or $100 = £66
    [/quote]

Thanks - sums aren't my strong point but that's a good tip.

Florida Junior
    Hi

We are back from Florida and have some dollars we would like to exchange back to GBP. Where is the best place to do this, I know I want the rate to be as low as possible or are they all about the same.
    My hubbys bank (RBOS) was offering 1.67, I have now checked my bank (Clydesdale) yet.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Florida Expert
    If you know someone going then sell them to them for 1.55, they win and you win...

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unfortunately, the exchange rate offered in these transactions is an absolute rip-off. If you can find somebody who wants dollars at the moment, you will get a better deal but I suppose it will depend on how much you have to make it worthwhile.

Florida Junior
    I have 283.00 dollar to change back. I thought I would be laughing when I come back and suppose I have gained as I got them for 1.92, would have been a nice wee bonus for Xmas but not so much with a rate of 1.66.

Pamela, keep them for your next trip. That way you have win win. A great rate and money towards your next holiday
    Shirley