Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Florida Newbie
    FairFX are often very competitive too plus Travelex will match the best price elsewhere. Money Saving Expert have a travel money section which is well worth a read.

Gold 5 Star Member
    5 year low today - retail exchange rate now below $1.60. This fall has been staggering and means that you'll now get $4 for the same amount that you got $5 this time last year.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:5 year low today - retail exchange rate now below $1.60. This fall has been staggering and means that you'll now get $4 for the same amount that you got $5 this time last year.[/quote]

It was last at this rate in mid 2003.

It hit a low of $1.38 in June, 2001 when we were having our villa built but as I remember it everything we paid for still seemed better value compared to the UK.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Florida Chatterbox
    And still it drops.....looks like we are all doomed[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Even by the standards of the recent rate of fall, today's 5% (8 cents) fall is exceptional. Can you get still get even $1.50 at a Foreign Exchange outlet - I actually doubt it!!![msneek]

I just received my credit card statement. On 28 September I had lunch in Miami and see that the rate was $184.5. At the time I didn't think it was that great. How wrong I was.

Florida Chatterbox
    This is going to make a massive difference to those who have a U.S dollar mortgage[msncry]. It could also show an effect in the amount of tourists going to Florida next year therefore less rentors for our villas . I know the fact that we have been getting nearly $2 to the pound made many more folk think of Florida for holiday but if it falls to $1.50 then I think it will make people rethink plans for 2009/10
    I can see many more villas getting taken back by the banks this year

Gold 5 Star Member
    Healthy improvement today - $1.63. Hopefully this fall has been overdone lately but I don't expect to see anything like the rates we've enjoyed over the last couple of years. Would be nice though!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Pound dropped below $1.49 this afternoon and is now just about $1.50. If this is a global crisis how is that 1 currency falls so much against another?

M&S offering $1.45 today.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Now below $1.50 commercial rate lowest for over 12 years! $1.45 for travellers cheques/cash

Posts crossed - great minds etc