Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

I'll stick with Katy's Grandad as thats the highest rate so far.

I have changed curreny twice this year by pre-ordering on CCE, both times have been lucky as I have hit the top two rates that I have seen this year. If you track the exchange rates and have been following this thread, I think you just get a feel for 'when it is right' to change currency, but then again it could be just luck (and I am not at all lucky).

Gold 5 Star Member
    Starting the week just over $1.61 - down over 2 cents!

Yeah! And CCE have dropped their rate by 2.5c for the same delivery period from when I ordered a week or so ago.

Gold 5 Star Member
    An interesting discussion on currency rates on the radio early this morning.

A currency trader offered the view that the 20% rise from a low of £1 = $1.34 at the beginning of this year, to the current $1.61 could not be supported by the economic outlook for the UK economy and "there was plenty of potential" for it to drop to $1.50 by the Autumn.

He also considered that although the Euro had fallen about 15% from around parity, he did not see Sterling falling against that currency.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

A currency trader offered the view that the 20% rise from a low of £1 = $1.34 at the beginning of this year, to the current $1.61 could not be supported by the economic outlook for the UK economy and "there was plenty of potential" for it to drop to $1.50 by the Autumn.

He also considered that although the Euro had fallen about 15% from around parity, he did not see Sterling falling against that currency.
    [/quote]

That does seem to be widely held view and the trend over the last couple of weeks or so has been downwards. As ever, predictions are pretty speculative.

Would be nice if it stayed above the $1.60 mark, fingers crossed.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

[/quote]Interesting, I was speaking to some New York traders yesterday and they are very bearish about USD. Just goes to show that no-one has a clue!
    Tonish

Florida Newbie
    Hi, would the general opinion of you guys be, buy some dollars now for a trip to Orlando next April, or wait and see. I appreciate nobody really knows but you all seem to have a good understanding of it all (better than me anyway).
    Thanks Helen

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Hi, would the general opinion of you guys be, buy some dollars now for a trip to Orlando next April, or wait and see. I appreciate nobody really knows but you all seem to have a good understanding of it all (better than me anyway).[/quote]Depends on how you define 'understanding'!!

The best brains in the City(on both sides of the Atlantic) with access to every bit of financial intelligence are still only making an 'educated' guess - and even then they are far from unanimous.

You also have to factor in that you will lose interest on that money for 9 months, which is an effective loss of 3 cents or so.

So personally I wouldn't bother.