Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Going on with the Dollar rate???

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another 2 year low today. For the first time since October 2006 you'll get less than $1.80 from a retail foreign exchange desk.

This fall continues to be quite dramatic - it's dropped almost 10% in around 5 weeks and shows no sign of turning around at the moment.[msnsad]

With the pound so bad against the Euro too, I am guessing it is a weakening pound that is the problem
    Shirley

The rate for the dollar in M & S WAS $1.71 not very good hope it picks up soon [msnsmile2]MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    The dollar rate will bottom out at about 1.75ish for the foreseeable future. (barring unforeseen international crises as the oil price stabilises as everyone globally will use less)
    The Euro will drop against the £ and will bottom out at about 70-72p.
    Americans in the finance world believe they are best placed to come out of this mini-recession very soon, believe the UK won't be far behind and believe the Eurozone hasn't really been hit yet, but will be hit, very soon and very hard.
    You heard it here first !
    [:O][8D]

PS Don't quote me on this, I'm only telling you what a very well-placed banker (yes, that's a "b" there) in Chicago told me.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

wrpac00
    Report on the FT website on Tuesday saying that the pound and euro will continue to weaken against the dollar until 2010. No mention of how low it would though.

I read that analysts on BBC website are speculating that the dollar would stabilize around 1.83 to the pound (real terms), i.e. what it is actually trading at. This would be the norm for the foreseeable future.
    Yesterday, it dropped below this to 1.82. As we typically get 5 to 6 cents less than this on the high street, I decided to do some shopping around on the internet. Best rate I could find was 1.80 to the pound, plus £5 postage & insurance. I grabbed this with both hands, as you can hold this exchange rate for four working days until the funds are transferred. Compared to the high street, for the amount I was changing, I gained an additional $80.

Jim which web site did you go with to get that rate .We look in M & S last week and they were only giving $1.71 as said i said before.
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Thomas Global Exchange. You will also need to send them photo ID (scanned driving license or passport & scanned utility bill) as a first time customer.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I read that analysts on BBC website are speculating that the dollar would stabilize around 1.83 to the pound (real terms), i.e. what it is actually trading at. This would be the norm for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

I heard analysts on late night BBC radio speculate that, as the US economy will recover well before the UK, the rate would drop to between 1.50 and 1.60 to the pound.

The answer is nobody knows!

Gold 5 Star Member
    An article in today's Sunday Telegraph reports that the cost of a Florida holiday for 2 adults and 2 children has risen by £250 in the last 4 weeks. I've certainly had to re-assess my plans for the rest of the year because of the fall in the pound's value.