Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: currency, whats going on with the rates??

Gold 5 Star Member
    Today the value of the Pound is at its lowest level against the US Dollar since February 2007. Hopefully this sharp downward trend won't continue.

Gold 5 Star Member
    As previously said 1.90 is still a good rate especially when you consider how cheap America is compared to the UK. As with anything to do with currency you take your chance when you buy it.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Today the value of the Pound is at its lowest level against the US Dollar since February 2007. Hopefully this sharp downward trend won't continue.
    [/quote]

is there any indication though that this will get better or do I take my chance......I guess no one can answer that but me really....I hate being left to make these decisions! My hubby just leaves it to me!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pamela
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    [/quote]

is there any indication though that this will get better or do I take my chance......I guess no one can answer that but me really....I hate being left to make these decisions! My hubby just leaves it to me!
    [/quote]

On 21 July the Pound was worth over $2. Since then it has fallen more or less consistently to just over $1.91 this afternoon (these are commercial rates and a few cents more than you'll get at a retail Foreign Exchange counter. Today's fall alone has taken 2.5 cents off its value.

I suppose what is seen as a 'good rate' depends upon your benchmark. In terms of the last couple of year's levels, it's really quite a poor rate today. On the other hand, if you look at the Pound's value against the Euro at the moment, the Dollar rate seems attractive.

The only sure thing is that it will either go up, down or stay the same. It's each individual's call I'm afraid.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'll lock this thread now as there is another similar thread at:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_46723_1.asp

Please feel free to carry on the discussion on the other thread [msnsmile].