Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: currency, whats going on with the rates??

Florida Junior

currency, whats going on with the rates??

Unsure what to do.....the rate was up at 1.97 last week and I thought I would hold off for a while as we don't travel for another 10 weeks...however the rate has now dropped to 1.92 now.....I have lost about 50.00 pounds with the amount that we want to take.....any ideas what the rates have been doing recently....could it come back up?
    I know no one has got a crystal ball but I am not really clued up with these things and don't want to jump in now if there is a chance it could climb again![?]

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Pamela

Why not change about half now and then wait, this way if it goes up you havent lost too much, and if it goes down, you have gained some more dollars by doing some now.

TO be honest, its a bit of a hit and miss with the currency.

I am quite happy with the rates at the moment, as some 4 years ago when we first came out it was $1.50, so to me this is bonus
    CERI

Your money will go further ih FLORIDA so when you get there you will proberly not miss the loss as all the sales are on .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Anything around 190 is excellent anyway. It could go up and it could go down, no one knows, if we did we would be extremely wealthy folks[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pamela
    Unsure what to do.....the rate was up at 1.97 last week and I thought I would hold off for a while as we don't travel for another 10 weeks...however the rate has now dropped to 1.92 now.....I have lost about 50.00 pounds with the amount that we want to take.....any ideas what the rates have been doing recently....could it come back up?
    I know no one has got a crystal ball but I am not really clued up with these things and don't want to jump in now if there is a chance it could climb again![?]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The pound has taken quite a drop over the last week or so. It climbed back over $2 for the first time in months recently but is closer to $1.94 today. I suspect you'll be lucky to get $1.90 retail. Although the press still go on about "2 dollars to the pound", it hasn't actually been possible to get that rate retail this year.

I agree it's still a good rate when viewed over the long term but as it was at $2.11 towards the end of last year, it's worth a fair bit less when you view it over, say, the last 18 months or so.

Florida Junior
    thanks all. I think I may bite the bullet on what we have 'lost' so far and order today. Best I can get it 1.92 cash and 1.905 travellers chqs. Does that seem reasonable enough?
    I had a dream last night that it had gone back to 1.98 (sad to dream about this kind of thing I know![:I])

xe.com were slightly better.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pamela
    thanks all. I think I may bite the bullet on what we have 'lost' so far and order today. Best I can get it 1.92 cash and 1.905 travellers chqs. Does that seem reasonable enough?
    I had a dream last night that it had gone back to 1.98 (sad to dream about this kind of thing I know![:I])
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    **UPDATE** I just mailed the company I am getting the currency from and fixed the above rate until I can get the money to them (allowed 4 days)
    , got confirmation email all ok.
    Went back to the website and the rates have now dropped to 1.90 for cash and 1.88 for chqs....looks like its going down daily.
    Glad I sorted it now!

Florida Junior
    i did look at that site but it seems you can only order the cash if you are a resident in the US or Canada only, is that correct?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I use xe.com all the time, although I have both a UK and US bank account.
    CERI