Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: declined payment........

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by crews
    I need to get one of those for my wife - so she can only buy food!!!
    [laugh]
    [/quote]

What! No shoes??
    [msnwink]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    How do you block a card to just pay for car hire?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    We have blocks on our cards for different things..some can only pay bills...some car repairs and airline tickets...one for car hire...some can only be used in MA...and some only in FL...

[/quote]
    [/quote]You do it when you apply for the card.

At work we have a few corporate cards and some have blocks on them which say they can only used for specific purchases, if an attempt is made to use them for anything else they are declined, stopped and reissued.

[/quote]

We've had that twice this year with one card...and you can phone and change it any time...not sure if normal everyday cards do it...we have the highest cards you can get with a few companies now...so you can ask them for anything...

I also had the automated email which said payment has been declined. (just an ordinary mastercard)
    I phoned my card company who said it was blocked for security reasons because it was outside my normal buying pattern and that it would be OK in five mins, also took the opportunity whilst on the phone to remind them that I would be using the card in Florida over the next few weeks.

I filled in the contact form on uscarhire.co.uk and got a reply from Roger 10 mins later and withing a few hours payment was taken.

Many thanks Roger for your speedy service.

Rob

Florida Junior
    Same thing just happened to me with a Visa Debit card. I have just updated my details with a standard visa card so hopefully that should go through fine.
    JohnA