Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: declined payment........

Florida Newbie

declined payment........

Hello...We have booked a car for hire through US car hire, the problem i have is that 1 week before we travel the payment has been declined, it is a visa debit card and the money is in my account, any one had this problem before as it is quite worrying.

If not is there a phone number for us car hire as i cant seem to find one anywhere.

Roger if you read this i have put my mobile number could you please give me a ring

Thanks

Daniel Bradley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Roger lives in Florida.

It's probably something really simple like you need to tell your bank to authorise the payment. Security went mad and has probably stopped the payment on your behalf in case your card has been lost or stolen.

Just contact your bank and authorise them to make the payment.

BTW, if you or anyone else is intending to use a credit or debit card in the USA, give your credit card company or your bank a ring before you leave the UK and tell them you'll be using it abroad and transactions will appear in US$s. Otherwise they may assume that your card has been lost or stolen and stop any transactions - which can be a tad embarrassing as I know to my cost!
    blott

You can email Roger if you go onto the site - there is a 'contact us' area. He is in the US so will not get it until a bit later today. I am sure he will advise you - these 'blips' do occur from time to time, so don't worry too much. Have you contacted your bank to ask why this has happened?

Hope you get it sorted soon.
    ellie

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Guys, have rang the bank and they say they can see no problems at my end ;0(, have mailed roger so will speak to him later hopefully.

Contingioncay (thats terrible spelling) what are my back up options if this doesnt work out, companys direct or hire when we get there, but i presuming this would cost me more???

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Banks almost always say that but it's often them that have put a block on the payment for security reasons.

It might also be something as simple as the company making a typo or your making a typo when inputting the info. I'm sure it's something very minor that can easily be sorted out, don't worry.

If you've got a credit card, you can use that but you probably won't need to as I'm sure it'll get sorted.
    blott

Well, Daniel, you couldn't have chosen a better company to book with as they are superb at customer service, and if Roger can't sort this one out I would be very surprised, so don't worry.

Do what Blott suggests and I am sure it will be ok. It is always a good idea to check the card number etc just in case someone has made a simple typo.

The tip about phoning your credit card company before you leave the UK is absolutely invaluable, so do make sure you do that, too.

Happy holidays to you!
    [8D]
    ellie

Daniel,
    Don't worry this happenned to me, I had money in my account the same as you. I spoke to my bank they also said nothing wrong at their end. I contacted Roger he put the details through again everything was fine. Never did find out what the problem was, but I had my car and that's what mattered
    Roger will help you sort this out.[msnwink]
    Barbara

Florida Newbie
    thanks for all your help guys, will wait to hear from roger, thanks again.

Florida Expert
    Try re submitting it the same thing happened to me last week
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Newbie
    rhosyn, do you mean resubmitting our card details to the website?