Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place for food shopping@ Davenport

Florida Expert

Best place for food shopping@ Davenport

Can you give me your opinions on the best place for food shopping, particularly the first big shop. We are staying at Davenport and also need to buy some gluten free food. Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    Publix supermarket, Champions Gate.

Lizb

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are a couple of Super Wal-Marts on the 27
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

if by any chance you have rented a satnav from us, we have the local supermarkets programmed is as POI files. It will show a list withe the distance to each one from your location.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Can you give me your opinions on the best place for food shopping, particularly the first big shop. We are staying at Davenport and also need to buy some gluten free food. Thanks
    [/quote]

Samantha hi
    Davenport covers a vast area as its really a postal district and not an actual place full of resorts.
    Exactly where are you staying and where are you t ravelling from after landing?.
    Then it would give us a better idea for recommending somewhere
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Publix Supermarket @ Berry Town on US27 is very good.

Florida Expert
    For an excellent range of gluten free foods, it's worth hunting out Chamberlains, which is in the shopping center on the corner where the 192 meets the Orange Blossum Trail.

It's easy to reach from Davenport via the 17-92.

Both me and my son are coeliacs, and we like to have things that are different from normal when we are away.

Chamberlains do lots of different things. Some of the supermarkets stock some items, but at Chamberlains we can get it all in one shop - including gf chocolate brownies, peanut butter cookies, pizza,enchiladas,waffles, bread rolls, biscuits....now I'm drooling!
    Jo

Florida Expert
    I think we will have to go to Chamberlains as my daughter will think she's died and gone to heaven! Thanks for the info about the sat nav but we haven't ordered one. Hubby always thinks we can manage without. It can make life interesting! Just out of interest roughly speaking how much is the hire of a sat nav? We're going for 3 weeks.
    Can't remember exactly where we're staying without getting all the gubbins out[msnembarrased]

Florida Chatterbox
    We hired one of the sat navs this year and it proved invaluable when we were over at the Gulf Coast.... think it cost around £60 for the two weeks but it was well worth it. Could not recommend them highly enough.

Julie

Florida Newbie
    publix@champions gate[msncool]