Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving Outside of Florida...

Florida Junior

Driving Outside of Florida...

Was just talking to my friend, we are looking to goto Florida from the 24th March till the 5th of May (6 weeks).

We have priced it all up etc, we were going to Fly out to Texas for about 5-6 days for an Event, the flight costs are going to be around £200 each for Internal flights to Texas.

So we had an idea, is it at all possible to drive the car outside of Florida to lets say Texas in my case, we could then have a mini road trip to Texas and back to break up the whole 6 weeks

Sam

Hi Sam
    As far as I am aware driving to Texas in your hired car will not be a problem. We have also made the same journey to Texas about three years ago.

But before you decide you need to take into consideration these facts, with the cost of gas (petrol) now, and one nights accommodation both ways. The savings you will make compared to flying will not be that much.

I think if you shop around for flights to Texas nearer the time you want to travel.. You may get a cheaper price than you estimated.

Although I must admit the trip by road is a great experience.
    Barbara

Florida Junior
    We have done a few calculations of the worst possible's for Driving, we used 20 mpg at around $4 per Gallon.

It came out at around £220, saving of £180, even if it did cost that for a Motel etc i think like you have said the experience will be great and its somthing that we both are hoping is now possible

Since you have done the same trip, any pointers hehe , i understant its around 2000mile round trip.

Administrator
    No problem driving to Texas. You have unlimited mileage allowance and can drive anywhere within the USA

Gold 5 Star Member
    Where abouts in Texas are you heading as we have spent many a holiday there, mainly around the San Antonio area but have travelled quite extensively, apart from the Pan Handle & East Texas.

Lynne

It will certainly be a worth while experience, we found places along the way that we would never have known about
    This is only a rough guide from memory as I was the navigator for the journey also we were not in any hurry and stopped off at many places along the way

Wherever you are in and around Orlando you need to make for The Florida Turnpike (north) then on to Interstate (75 north) next Interstate 10 (west ) if I remember correctly you will stay on this road for over 300 miles crossing over in to Alabama.

The route we took then is a little vague, I do remember the next State was Louisiana then finally into Texas
    The distance for us was over 1400 miles to Dallas. but we did a few detours especially along the Panhandle
    Pensacola, Panama City, Tallahassee, and Fort Worth are all enjoyable places to visit and the beaches are unbelievable
    We stayed at Mexico Beach for two nights which for us was a real find .

Barbara

Florida Junior
    This is sounding even better the more i think now that we are able to drive without any problems!!!

I think our roadtrip to Texas is now on the plate

Thanks luckylady

Pookie we are going to Houston, we are going for the Wrestlemania 25 event .

Sam

Administrator
    I had a feeling you were going for that. I have a feeling I might be there as well. Ever since going to Wrestlemania 24 this year in Orlando, my son Josh hasn't stopped going on about going to Texas next year. He's griding me down gradually, and I feel I might have to give in at some point. I'm hoping to persuade him to agree to the pay-per-view version instead on TV.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MuDvAyNeX
    This is sounding even better the more i think now that we are able to drive without any problems!!!

I think our roadtrip to Texas is now on the plate

Thanks luckylady

Pookie we are going to Houston, we are going for the Wrestlemania 25 event .

Sam
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    Ohh but Roger, there is nothing like being at a WWE Live!.

I think Josh deserves it hehe...

Administrator
    Don't you start - I can't handle the pressure [msnscared]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MuDvAyNeX
    Ohh but Roger, there is nothing like being at a WWE Live!.

I think Josh deserves it hehe...
    [/quote]