Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Wildlife at Cypress gardens.

Wildlife at Cypress gardens.

Hi, All the years we have been going to Florida and owning a villa we have yet to visit Cypress gardens, but had the following this week from a guest staying in our villa and thought it might be of interest.

With regard to wildlife I forgot to mention our visit to Cypress Lake and the airboat ride. Wow!! Sue, my dear wife, found this to be the absolute highlight and better than any theme park. We disturbed alligators and tracked then until they dived under the water, saw lots of birds including some massive eagles and buzzards plus fantastic dragon flies and seriously big insects. The lovely old guy who drove the vehicle remembered Florida before it became what it is today and it was a joy to talk to him. What a day we had.

We are over in September and think we will at last go and visit.

Val

We have not been here either, think we may go this year. Have read quite a few glowing reports
    Jan

We went the Christmas before last and can highly recommend it, especially their Christmas decorations

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love airboats...we have talked about getting one..

Florida Newbie
    We went for the first time in August having said we would do it years ago. We couldnt get over how quiet it was but once we got used to it it was great. No queues for the rides, no queues for food and somewhere to sit. The water park is small but has everything in it that the new park has. Felt sorry for the animals as that area does look old.

Loved all the history and thats what makes it different. Have got an annual pass so look forward to Christmas easter etc.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Val
    Is Cypress Lake in Cypress Gardens? It's a few years since we went and I know it's changed hands a couple of times since then but there were no airboat rides in there when we last went.
    Babblin Boo