Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating in Epcot

Florida Junior

Eating in Epcot

We are a group of 6 adults in Florida in October, Planning a day at Epcot. Last September we were there and being in Epcot all day to see the fireworks we got hungry around early evening but could not get into a restaurant and so ended up with hot dog and chips. Not ideal at all! This year we were thinking of booking a restaurant in advance but looking at the prices of the menu's on the internet, Le Cellier & others would work out at $250 plus for six.

So i was wondering from everyone, what are the better options to have a meal at Epcot. Do we just accept that the costs will be around $250 for a meal there or is there better places to eat. I seem to think someone has said you can walk into downtown Disney [drinkpepsi]and eat there then wander back into Epcot for the fireworks. Is this a good plan? Your advice and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stuart

Florida Chatterbox
    Stuart

You can walk out the back entrance at EPCOT to the Boardwalk Area - gate is located between France and the United Kingdom. There is a separate posting on this in the 'Other Disney' section of this forum, where you will find a list of restaurants, etc.

There are a number of restaurants, ice cream shops, etc, so plenty of choice and it is a very pleasant walk around the lake. It does get busy in the restaurants, but it will be less crowded than the EPCOT eating areas.

CLAIRE
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    My personal favourite in Epcot is in the Land, it is character dining, but the food is good, around $25 a head, and its eat as much as you like. with breaded catfish beef and turkey with fresh veggies as well. Just like a cooked dinner , again booking early would be better as there is 6 of you

Whoops sorry it is the Garden Grill
    CERI

We love Mexico but you have to book as you go in as it gets busy , in June we tried to book when we enter Epcot and it was full so we booked France resturant it was good but missed the Mexico one .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Stuart,

Totally agree with Ceri. When last in Epcot, we ate at The Garden Grill Restaurant which is in the Land Pavilion on the second Floor.

We were fortunate as we had not booked a table prior to going to Epcot but as we headed straight to Soarin to beat the queues we noticed the Restaurant and booked for mid afternoon.

It is a Character Dining experience which was great for us since our two children are only 5 and 6 and the Food was great. The restaurant rotates and overlooks scenes from the living with the Land attraction.

The food is a three course buffet style meal and is brought to your table. We had warm biscuits to start, followed by Steak, Chicken and Catfish with a selection of vegetables, they brought Chicken fingers and fries (Chips) for the children although they ate mainly the meat and vegetables. If you run out of anything your server will bring you another plate full. This was finished off by an apple cobbler and cup cakes for the children which had a selection of things to decorate the cake with.

The food was really nice, in fact I was a little concerned about how much we had eaten when I noticed that our Test Track fast passes were for 20 minutes after we had finished [msnembarrased]

They serve Lunch and Dinner and although I don't know exactly how much it was I think it was in the region of $ 30 per adult and less for the children, but well worth it.

I do think that if you find somewhere you really want to eat I would book, I think we were just Lucky that it was the first place we visited when the park opened and it was February, which is not peak season.

I would recommend this restaurant, the food was lovely and it had a great atmosphere.

Florida Junior
    Thanks to you all for replying and giving great advice. I will see what the rest of the family thinks. Not long now, just over 9 weeks to go for almost 1 month out in Florida. I am so ready for our annual vacation!!

Stuart

You may also want to consider having a late lunch. By late I mean 3:00 to 4:00. It's a good time to have a rest from the main heat of the day and recharge yourself ready for the evening.

There is also a another good reason to do this and that's the cost of the meal. Most of the Epcot/Disney restaurants have a lunch and a dinner menu, the main difference between the two is that the dinner menus have the same items but at a higher price. You should check when you book what time the dinner menu starts.

If you do want to eat later then the BoardWalk restaurants is the place to go. I would check out the ones I have listed to see which best fits with what you want. The furthest away is only a 10 minutes walk through the International Gateway which is next to the UK area.

Boardwalk Restaurants
    Big River Grille and Brewing Works, ESPN Club, Spoodles, Flying Fish

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Savvy
    You could even make a reservation at one of the hotel restaurants around Boardwalk Lagoon. Cape May Cafe @ the Beach Club - Buffet (mainly seafood), or Captains Grille, or Yachtmans Steakhouse @ The Yacht Club.

Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

We like the Teppanyaki Restaraunt in Japan & The Rose & Crown England [clap][clap]

If you are planning to dine at any of the Disney Restaraunts, then pre book before you arrive in Florida so not to be dissappointed.

You can book 6 months in advance through the Disney Website.

My advise would be to pre book

Florida Expert
    I have tried the moroccan one with belly dancers too
    be warned though they did pull some people up out of the audience
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx