Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Fishing Guides???

Florida Newbie

Fishing Guides???

Husband is planning some Orlando bass fishing for himself and 13 year old grandson. In checking one guide service after another we had one result...total confusion! Has anyone recently hired a guide service in the Orlando area for a half/full day of bass fishing? If so, will you share your experiences, good or bad. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Florida Junior
    Hi, I've not used a guide before but I can give you the details of a new airboat service that has just started up in the last 6 months and his friend runs a guiding service. See this topic for more details on the airboat tour I went on.
    http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_46275.asp

It may be worth giving him a call or sending an email to get his friends details. I will be going out in 2009 with this guide but as a guest of the airboat captain. You won't want to wait that long for details of our trip so I'll give you details in a pm if your interested and want to get in touch with him.

JohnA

Gold 5 Star Member
    Depending on where you're staying, you may be able to do big mouth bass fishing from your villa backyard or in the community.

You do need a fishing licence though but these are easily obtained either online or from places like Wal-Mart or fishing tackle stores.
    blott

Florida Junior
    I agree with Blot on that one. I caught quite a few bass on Thousand Oaks Lake.
    If your planning a trip of 3 weeks or more than one visit in the year, it is cheaper to buy the yearly permit. That's what I did.
    JohnA

Florida Newbie
    Gizzerr and Blott,
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner but have been on a camping trip with two of my grandkids. Trying to teach them the fun...damentals of fishing. I plan to fish in the lake that our villa is on from shore but want to fish for largemouth bass from a boat. I want to have a chance at a 10 pounder or larger!!! Thanks for tips and the website, will check it out later.

Travel Nana's DH - Ted

There is a lake in ST Cloud called Lake Toho and if you go to the tax place down St Cloud you can pick up some leaflets in the entrance all about the laws of fishing in FLORIDA and were you can fish and what fish yo can catch ,You will need a permit and they will tell you were you can get one .
    We leave lots of leaflets in our villa for the guests
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillad.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by travelnana
    Gizzerr and Blott,
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner but have been on a camping trip with two of my grandkids. Trying to teach them the fun...damentals of fishing. I plan to fish in the lake that our villa is on from shore but want to fish for largemouth bass from a boat. I want to have a chance at a 10 pounder or larger!!! Thanks for tips and the website, will check it out later.

Travel Nana's DH - Ted[/quote]No problem, we've got up to 8lbs on Crescent Lakes - but that was a couple of years ago now - but the fishing isn't open to the public so you can't fish there unless you're staying there.

Lake Toho or East Lake Toho sound like your best best as posted by Maureen above.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Ok everybody thanks for all the comments and advice. I have, after many hours of phone calls and even more E-mails decided on a guide. I hope my intuition is good in picking. My grandson told me it's about time, he can now start looking forward to catching a world's record largemouth bass.

Ted