Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toll Charge Letter from Dollar

Florida Newbie
    No, I didn't pay extra for it. But it said it cost $1.50/day so I assumed I wouldn't have to pay anything more than that...

Exact wording from the sign on the till (I took a photo):

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:"Pay tolls WITHOUT Stopping
    SunPass / EPass
    Your car is equipped with PlatePass.
    Just drive through!
    Your credit card will be charged for all incurred tolls plus $1.50 fee per rental day"[/quote]

Reading that again I suppose it could imply that you have to purchase it for the whole rental. I took it to mean $1.50 a day whenever you use it.

Anyway having just looked at the website http://www.platepass.com/ it looks like it's enabled automatically.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:"Your rental vehicle is automatically PlatePass® enabled. No contracts or registrations are required. You were charged for tolls that were incurred by your rental vehicle during your rental period based on your agreement. Had your vehicle not been PlatePass® - enabled, you would have received a toll violation or fine from the toll road authority."[/quote]

Florida Junior
    I payed extra up front through my credit card for Sun and E pass when I collected my car from Dollar, thinking it would work out cheaper. This was my first visit to Florida so I did not know how many toll roads I would use.

Well I only used the Toll roads on the 3rd week of my holiday to go to the Kennedy space center. I think I went through the Tolls 3 times going and 3 times comming back. I used my Tomtom and usually ended up on the busier roads which wasn't a problem as I soon got used to the driving. I won't pre pay for Sun or E pass in the future and just pay the toll as and when required if I should need to use those roads.
    JohnA

Florida Newbie
    I wouldn't think the service was of any value,[easter1] unless you are a resident using it daily, when you commute to work etc.