Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post Advice

Florida Newbie

First Post Advice

Hi planning to vist early september 09, can anyone help, will we require pool heating then, and when is a good time to start looking at flights, car hire, is it quieter, after school hols are over

Well, Allan, we always have pool heat whenever we go as we like a warm pool, especially at night when we come back from a busy day and can luxuriate in the warmth. However, you will get a variety of opinions from hardier folk. However, we look at it this way, if it is a special holiday why waste a minute getting into a cool pool?

If you and your family want the comfort of a heated pool then go for it. If you aren't bothered then don't worry about it. All I can say is that almost all of my summer guests book pool heat before they go and not one of them has complained or asked for it to be switched off - quite the reverse, they have all said how glad they were they had it. But ultimately it has to be your choice, as you know your family best. If they are like me and won't even put a toe into a pool which is less than 88 degrees then book it, and save all the moaning. [msnwink] However, do check what temperature your pool will be heated to as not all pools are heated to that level, and some may only be heated to around 83 degrees, which is way too cold for me.

I would definitely start looking at flights as soon as you can, and if you are planning on booking a villa don't leave it as many villas get booked up really early.
    ellie

Florida is by no means cool during september, but often (even in the hottest months) a heated pool is a must unless your a fan of ice water

I went last september and had the most amazing holiday...plus its much quieter in september as children are back in school leaving less queues! Sadly we have to go in season now as i start my first primary teaching job in september so i'm stuck holidaying in the kids holidays! Roll on August 09!

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Allan & welcome to the Forums

As Ellie states pool heat is a matter of preference, however, we too always have the pool heated as no matter what the temperature outside the pool always appears too cold for us. I too agree that it is never too early to start planning your trip as there will be alot to do and again as Ellie states Villas get booked up quickly, you will need flights, car hire and park/attraction tickets all of which can be obtained from this site which offers excellent rates and exemplary customer service.

Sandra

Hi Allan,

Welcome to the forum!

I too would vote for pool heat at any time of year, but it is a personal choice. If you choose not to have pool heat, then the water will appear cool. Also, as Ellie has said, check with the villa owner about what temperature the pool will be set at.

I would think that you should book your villa as soon as you can, but you could leave the flights until a later date. You will probably find that you can't book September 2009 flights yet, as they don't become available until 12 months before the date. Car hire and park tickets can be booked at any time, so you could perhaps time these so that you didn't have to pay for all of the expensive items at the same time.

Have a great time planning your holiday!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Have to agree with the others it is a personal choice. I have friends who have the pool heated in August. We don't....yes it is cool when you first get in but once I am swimming I'm OK and it also may be because I have natural padding. Different if you have young children though. If in doubt, I'd opt for it!

Maddie

Hi Alan,
    Welcome to the forum September is one of our favourite months to visit Florida. The Parks are less busy and the suns stili shining.

Pool heat is down to personal choice if you like to swim in the early morning or in the eveningthen pool heat is a must.

You may like to heat the spa only which is a luxury not to miss after a busy day great to relax in the evening and watch the sunset
    Enjoy planning your family holiday it is great fun [msnwink]
    Barbara

We definately have pool and spa heat when in Florida because we like the water to be warm. What use is a cold spa?

I would also recommend if the pool has a pool cover, keep the pool covered when not using it, this will help maintain some heat in the pool. You can't beat 86 degree water [msncool]
    Regards, Mark

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    You can't beat 86 degree water [msncool]
    [/quote]

Unless its 88 degrees! [msnwink] Wimps, the lot of us!
    ellie

Another vote for pool heat year round here. We turned the heat off when we were there in June and it got too cold for me! There's nothing worse than sitting in a cold spa, well actually there are lots of things worse but you know what I mean!