Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool Heating

Florida Newbie

Pool Heating

Hi

Could anyone tell me if i definately need pool heating at my chosen villa, even if i am planning on visiting Orlando in August.
    I was just wondering as i could possibly save some money if its not essential at this time of year.
    Many Thanks
    Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    Most people don't heat the pool in August, Lee. Though a few people may beg to differ, in my opinion, you definitely don't need it at that time of year! Have fun!

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the advice, cheers.
    Lee

I have to agree with Patty, pool heat not required in August have a great time [msnwink]
    Barbara

I agree with Patty. The water is likely to be in the mid 80s without any extra heat in august. Of course when the air temperature is so hot the water is likely to feel coolish when you get in because of the contrast. However, there are some people who always want to have the pool heated to be absolutely sure that the temperature is high.

Lynne
    Lynne

Florida Expert
    At that time of year a cooler pool can be a welcome relief! Guests have been known to complain that a pool is too hot even without heat. Then again there are others that won't get into the water unless it's bath temperature

I would suggest that if you have the option wait until you get there and then decide.

You know how the saying goes Nina? you can't pleaee all the guests all the time
    But we do keep trying [msnwink]
    Barbara

Well we always have the pool heat on in August, as have all our August guests so obviously there are a few of us wiimps around! [msnwink]
    ellie

Definitely heated for us, think of it like this... in August would you run a bath of cold water and enjoy sitting it? If not then heat the pool[msnsmile2]

If you think of the swimming pool as a large bath.... do you add hot water to your bath or do you prefer to bathe in cold water.

Put another way, bath water will be colder than unheated pool water HOWEVER your body will be cooler in an air conditioned house than out in the sunshine and it is all about the difference in your body temperature compared to the water temperature.

Also pool water will lose heat over night so even if your unheated pool gets up to 85 during the day if you want an early morning swim be prepared for at least 5 degrees lower.

Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    I don't heat my pool and right now its sat at about 84 degrees.

There is no way you could call that a cold bath!

After living here nearly 2 years there is no bigger wimp than me when it comes to cold pools and even i swim in mine now its warmed up.

Pool heat would just be an expensive waste, but thats just my 2 cents[msnwink]
    Neil & Kay