Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr Dooms Tower of Fear

Florida Newbie
    I didn't see the great view from the top as i had my eyes shut all the way up and down!!!!!!I did enjoy it though!!!

Florida Savvy
    I was also dragged on this by my husband kicking and screaming all the way through the queue which unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it was short
    I managed to keep my eyes closed all the way up to the top when they were then forced open my knuccles were white and I had a hard time walking off the ride after
    But I am glad [msncry][msnscared]I did it I think [msnoo]
    Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    we to have been on the hyperblaster and have to say it was the scariest thing i have ever been on .[msncry][msncry][msnscared]
    John & Emma
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/971.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I have to say, despite going on this ride 12 times in succession without queues, I find this ride very disappointing. Tower of terror is for me, far better.

This ride is awesome They had a minor problem when we wereall strapped in our seats and we had to wait an extra few minutes, the tension was amazing and the adrenaline made my mouth so dry i couldn't open it to scream....afirst for me [msnwink]

Liz

Florida Savvy
    I really didn't find this ride exciting at all. We q'd for 20 mins for a 30 second ride. Shot you up to the top then bounced twice and back down. Thought it was gonna be MUCH faster. Didn't even get butterflys in my tummy. Thats when you know its a good ride

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is interesting to note that opinions about Dr Doom's fearfall seem mostly to be at the two extremes - people either love it or think it is tame. Personally, I think it IS a good ride but has probably not made full use of all the potential possibilities. I think the ride would be more interesting if the first rise was more gradual (allowing the adrenaline to build up) with the seats lingering for some seconds up top before the sudden, unexpected fall right to the bottom (well, almost ). This could be followed immediatly by a RAPID rise and fall for variety and a third one that could go either way -adding a touch of suspense.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I hate it! We queued up a few years ago and I had to persuade Mr CDV to stay in the queue. When we eventually did it I said I would never go on it again and he went away to queue up again!!!

CDV

My comment when I came off this after queing with my daughter for 30 minutes was "is that it" I couldn't understand why everyone was screaming. I really like Tower of Terror but I have never been back on Dr Doom because I just didn't think it was worth the effort of walking through the waiting area let alone waiting for the ride.
    Julie

I suppose it is a half way house ride. Not up there with the greats but not down there with why do they bother/
    Dave [msnsmile2]