Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swimming With Dolphins

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    We have only visited Discovery Cove, an excellent day and all four of us had a great time. The Dolphin experience was special, however we all agreed there was so much more to the day, the lagoon you can swin/snorkel in with the fish, the heated pool and the food.

We will return and possibly do the day without the Dolphin swim.
    Graham

Florida Expert
    Hope you can get into Discovery Cove, as Graham says there is so much to do there and it is such a memorable day.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    Disney also do a Dolphin experience at Epcot.

Suitable for non-swimmers too
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, we did Discovery Cove the first time in Florida, 6 years ago I think, and at the time we thought it was a fabulous, if expensive day out. 2 years later we booked for a trip to the Keys to include dolphin swim, gator farm, airboat ride, beach BBQ, overnight stay and Miami visit, all via executive coach. The accommodation was basic but serviceable, but the dolphin swim was fabulous. 2 people in the water at a time to 2 dolphins, and we were in with a Mum, Dad and baby dolphin too, so that was fantastic! We were in the water for about 45 mins, and did loads of tricks, rides etc. Was a million times more interactive than Discovery Cove, although there was nothing else to do there. But - wait for it - the whole 2 day/1 night trip cost just under £20 more per person than the 1 day at Discovery Cove! Brilliant value!

So, there is a choice - DC is a good day out, with much more than just the swim, but the swim is 6 or so people to one dolphin and the interaction is very limited, or a 2 day trip, with lots of activity, and a fantastic one-on-one dolphin experience! Personally we wouldn't do Discovery Cove again..........

I'm sure you will enjoy either though!

Florida Newbie
    How long does it take to get to the Keys and how much was it where do you book that trip

Its good 7 - 8 hour drive and around $150 ish per swim. Do a google and you will find the link..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by angel24
    How long does it take to get to the Keys and how much was it where do you book that trip
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Oh! I'm sure the drive was a lot shorter than that........ We stopped once, and watched 2 dvd's, plus a bit of dozing, but we didn't get to finish one of the DVD's! We left at about 8am, and I'm sure we were there before 1pm....... It was 4 years ago though, and I barely remember what happened yesterday!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
    Oh! I'm sure the drive was a lot shorter than that........ We stopped once, and watched 2 dvd's, plus a bit of dozing, but we didn't get to finish one of the DVD's! We left at about 8am, and I'm sure we were there before 1pm....... It was 4 years ago though, and I barely remember what happened yesterday![/quote]Unless you're jet propelled, [msneek] it takes around 4 or so hours to get to Miami, never mind the Keys which are further on south.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
    Oh! I'm sure the drive was a lot shorter than that........ We stopped once, and watched 2 dvd's, plus a bit of dozing, but we didn't get to finish one of the DVD's! We left at about 8am, and I'm sure we were there before 1pm....... It was 4 years ago though, and I barely remember what happened yesterday![/quote]Unless you're jet propelled, [msneek] it takes around 4 or so hours to get to Miami, never mind the Keys which are further on south.[/quote]Well, they didn't drive slowly! We did only go as far as Key Largo, which is the first key, and not too far from Miami. I remember the drivers being surprised that there were no traffic hold up's at all, we really did fly down the freeways!

We were there early enough for lunch, and then to go onto the gator farm. Normally they go to the farm first........