Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spending Money

Florida Savvy
    We usually take enough cash for about $50 per day, then put the rest on our Nationwide credit card.

One tip, though, for credit card users. Try to ensure that not all your cards are 2 cards issued on the same account (ie husband has main card and wife is 2nd cardholder). We had a lucky escape when hubby lost his wallet at Florida Mall. It occurred to us that if we had had to cancel all his cards, then all of mine would have been cancelled too as I believe the credit card companies stop the account as opposed to just the card? Fortunately we had a happy outcome - as we were retracing our steps to look for the wallet, we stopped a security guard to report the loss. After asking us a few questions about the wallet and its contents, he produced it from his pocket complete with all contents! How lucky were we?!!

Sandra

You would only need to stop the lost card not the second card as they have different numbers[msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    We usually take enough cash for about $50 per day, then put the rest on our Nationwide credit card.

One tip, though, for credit card users. Try to ensure that not all your cards are 2 cards issued on the same account (ie husband has main card and wife is 2nd cardholder). We had a lucky escape when hubby lost his wallet at Florida Mall. It occurred to us that if we had had to cancel all his cards, then all of mine would have been cancelled too as I believe the credit card companies stop the account as opposed to just the card? Fortunately we had a happy outcome - as we were retracing our steps to look for the wallet, we stopped a security guard to report the loss. After asking us a few questions about the wallet and its contents, he produced it from his pocket complete with all contents! How lucky were we?!!

Sandra
    [/quote]

Thats not strictly true Martin, my hubby and I have joint credit cards and they both have the same number and the security code is also the same. I know it is not the same with all cards but when we first got these cards even our pin numbers were both the same.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    You would only need to stop the lost card not the second card as they have different numbers[msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer

Sandra
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Hi
    When my husband was pick pocketed in Spain he had to cancel all his cards and that automatically cancelled my cards as well.
    Both my credit card and bank cards were cancelled.
    Sheena

Florida Savvy
    Martin

All our "joint" credit cards have exactly the same numbers on each person's card. The only ones which don't are our M&S cards which we each had separately before we met, and have never bothered to change. But of course, we never take those to Florida! Thank God for the honest citizen who handed in hubby's wallet or we really would have been up the creek without a paddle!

Sandra