Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending Money

Florida Newbie

Spending Money

Where do you exchange your sterling for dollars about? - where is the best exchange rate at the moment?

What ratio do you go for with regards to cash and travellers cheques?

Thank you, everyones help in answering all my questions has been a godsend

On average if we pay for themepark tickets before we go, how much would you recommend we take for 18 days? (Cleared crdit card in tow[msntongue])

Debz

Florida Newbie
    Hi Debz somewhere on this site I got the following comparison site for dollars. [website link edited]

We take most of our money in travellers cheques a it is accepted like cash almost everywhere as long as you take US dollar cheques.

How much to take is up to you. It makes no differnce to me how muc I take with me, I always manage to spend it all. [laugh]
    Sheena

xe.com is usually good or travelex. Spending money all depends on what your plans are. For instance are you eating in cheap and cheerful places or upmarket. at the moment it is great value so pretty much any reasonable budget is good!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Debz-L-
    Where do you exchange your sterling for dollars about? - where is the best exchange rate at the moment?

What ratio do you go for with regards to cash and travellers cheques?

Thank you, everyones help in answering all my questions has been a godsend

On average if we pay for themepark tickets before we go, how much would you recommend we take for 18 days? (Cleared crdit card in tow[msntongue])

[/quote]

We get a good rate from M & S or Coop Travel ,But if you have a credit card as you say at the moment the exchange rate is good and pay all of the credit card of if you can or most of it then you will not incur interest when you get back .
    Some of the resturants have kids eat free so they are a bargain for familys .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Maureen

Is it best to use my card for the things that I can then pay it when I get home then?

Thanks
    Debz

Hi Debz,

Not all credit cards give a good exchange rate and may have charges on top. The best card is a Nationwide debit card,(not sure if their credit card is the same) if you have time before you go, it may be worth getting one and having your spending money in that account. Their exchange rates are excellent and they do not charge for using the ATM's.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Debz-L-
    Maureen

Is it best to use my card for the things that I can then pay it when I get home then?

Thanks
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Debz have you not got a card that gives 0% for a few months thet gives you time to pay of if you cannot pay it all of at once as things you buy cheaply go up quite a lot if you have high interest rate .
    We find this is good if you can go that way
    Hope this helps
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    The best card is a Nationwide debit card,(not sure if their credit card is the same) if you have time before you go, it may be worth getting one and having your spending money in that account. Their exchange rates are excellent and they do not charge for using the ATM's.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Debz-L-
    Maureen

Thanks[/quote][/quote]Yes, Nationwide credit card works just the same way as their debit card with no foreign currency transaction charges and a great rate of exchange.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    We used some travellers cheques on our first visit but now just take cash with our Nationwide card.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Without doubt Nationwide credit cards and debit cards are the cheapest and most convenient way - obviously only use your Debit card for ATMs.

However even if you don't have Nationwide cards, the commission(usually 2.75% say 5 cents)on most other cards is still a better exchange rate than most(all?) TCs and cash obtained in UK.

Most of us use debit/credit cards in UK, why not in the USA?

At todays date £1,000 exchanged would give. *rounded to nearest 1c

$1,980 with Nationwide

$1,930 with most other credit/debit cards

$1,910 for Post Office cash or TCs