Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Packing for the first time ......

Florida Junior

Packing for the first time ......

Will start to pack our suitcases soon this weekend.....
    [clap][clap]
    I've heard the weather is getting better in Florida....it is so hard to imagine looking at our cold and wet weather here right now.
    We are going in 4 weeks and it's outr first time......can I really pack all shorts, 3/4's and t-shirts ??
    Is it warm enough for the waterparks ????
    Any top tips on things to take with you apart from the obvious??

Thanks

Mona

Florida Savvy
    Hi mona
    Empty suitcase.[msnwink]
    allenc

Mona, you go a few days after us I think, we go on the 16th March from Gatwick?

Yes just pack your summer stuff and perhaps a light jumper or two and maybe a very light coat/fleece.

I usually just pack a sweat shirt and that's been enough in the past.

It may be a little cool in the evening and maybe even one or two days but really, the weather will be fine. Worse comes to worst, yiu could buy another seatshirt or something, the clothes are cheap enough.

We take very few toletries if they are heavy (shampoo,showergel etc) we get them as soon as we arrive at publix.

Any more questions, ask now Mona, it's nearly here!!! Yaaaaaay!!![msnsmile2]

im sure after reading many posts before that the weather should be nice at that time, but as suggested before take a cardy or light jacket and jeans or something like that for the evenings?

empty suitcases!!!! or nearly[msnwink]
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    We have been regularly in March and April and I would certainly recommended a couple of cardies/sweatshirts for the evenings. It can be quite chilly even at the parks. We have also taken jogging bottoms with us so we could change from shorts in the evening. It is definitely warm enough for the waterparks during the day but as somebody else has said odd days can be quite cool.
    Barbara
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/737.aspx

How exciting! It still gives me a thrill every time I see the suitcases lined up in the hall - although nowadays, as villa owners, they are usually filled up with bits and pieces for our home in the sunshine state! But at least that means they are empty for when we come home. (Well maybe empty is the wrong word......[msnwink]

As everyone has said, pack a jacket or sweater for the evenings, but you should have some lovely weather.

Hope you have a great time, Mona.
    ellie

Florida Expert
    Mona, the one piece of advice I would give is DO NOT TAKE TO MUCH. If you are staying in a private villa you will have a washing machine and dryer to use, so you will be able to wash your things each day if you choose too. This will leave you with plenty of space to bring all the extras you will buy out there home with you and not have to pay for excess luggage.We all now that we never wear half of what we take out with us anyway!!!!

Norma.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Florida Expert
    I'm with Mona on this one.Most of my guests tell me they took too many clothes and then bought loads.(I do tell them!)You will be wearing warm "outers" on yoiur journey over and you will not need much more

Yes Norma, sound advice there, Mona, everything in Florida will be new, so you will find lots that you want to buy at the cheap prices I promise you, don't overfill your case, you'll regret it on the way back.

We are off on the 24th March and I usually take the minimum, life in the States is very casual. Buy your toiletries in the States much cheaper and then you do not have to carry them. Dont forget the emptier the case on the outward journey the more space for the return journey (My theory)

Have a great time