Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: To hop or not to hop, That is the question?

Florida Junior

To hop or not to hop, That is the question?

Hi All,

On my last (first) visit to disney we had a 14 day ultimate ticket, and would often go to a park in the day then return in the evening to watch a show, maybe even a different park. Now you could do this with a hopper no problem.

What im thinking, is something similar. Purchase a BASE ticket with no hopping 6 + 1 free is £27 each cheaper than a 5 + 1 free hopper.

We can then if we wish go to a park in the day, and then also return to the same park on that day (not a different park) BUT if we wish to just return to watch one of the evening events one day for something to do, we would just be using one of our days, correct?

Im just thinking it would save us more money. The only disadvantage would not be able to go to one park during the day and then another for the evening.
    Mark

You are correct, you can come and go from the same park only. Not such a bad thing sticking to the same park, it can be a considerable saving.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mdj101
    Hi All,

On my last (first) visit to disney we had a 14 day ultimate ticket, and would often go to a park in the day then return in the evening to watch a show, maybe even a different park. Now you could do this with a hopper no problem.

What im thinking, is something similar. Purchase a BASE ticket with no hopping 6 + 1 free is £27 each cheaper than a 5 + 1 free hopper.

We can then if we wish go to a park in the day, and then also return to the same park on that day (not a different park) BUT if we wish to just return to watch one of the evening events one day for something to do, we would just be using one of our days, correct?

Im just thinking it would save us more money. The only disadvantage would not be able to go to one park during the day and then another for the evening.
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    Thanks Martin.

I think that settles that then!

Disney is now working out cheaper than the flex ticket!!
    Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    I always like the idea of park hopping but in practice you waste so much time moving from one park to another.

Florida Junior
    I am currently in florida and find the fatspass pass works great if you time it right. Hoping around the parks to do all the rides on the same day would never work. It is best to stick with one park per day. Arrive early, get a fast pass for teh most popular ride and then go do another ride. By the time your off the first ride the fastpass is ready. By the time your off the 2nd ride you can get a fastpass for another ride and so on. The parks are very busy at the monet and we have had no issues getting the big rides done without waiting for more than 10 - 15 minutes.

We bought 2 day hopper passes for our recent visit, and the hopping function now appears to be a waste of time. By the time that you have done what you want in one park, it is impossible to obtain any fastpasses in another park. I would be reluctant to do any Disney parks again unless they introduce a Express Pass system like Universal.

Florida Expert
    Whenever we have been we have found the fast pass system has worked really well for us. I think it is appalling that you have to pay for the equivalent system at Universal.

Florida Newbie
    I agree with you Sammibabe. I think its awful that you have to pay for express pass at universal on top of your ticket. We have found he Disney system of fast pass quite good.
    Sheena