Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 7 seater minivan???

Florida Newbie

7 seater minivan???

I am looking at hiring a 7 seater minivan, Chrysler type van, and wondered if the luggage capacity is good. There are 2 adults and a 15 year old, 9 year old and a 5 year old. How much space does it have for all that extra luggage I'm going to fill it with....[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]?

Florida Expert
    Last time we went we had a full size and whilst we got luggage in I have no idea how! There we 3 kids and 2 adults. This time we have booked (from the this site cos you can't beat it) a 7 seater. My theory is that you have the small boot space plus 2 extra seats so plenty of space for bringing stuff home. Suitcases under feet too if necessary.

Florida Newbie
    They do look pretty roomy.
    Last time we were there we got a 4x4, Cherokee and that was quite good...just can't make up my mind which to go for, I'm also thinking about fuel too.

Florida Newbie
    Last time i went i upgraded to a 8 seat from a 7 seater with alamo great toyota 3.2 v6 plenty of room for all five suitcases and 6 people and got about 19 mpg
    Neil

Florida Newbie
    About a year ago I was having the same questions myself about boot space in a 7 seater. We have just got back after renting from Alamo a 7 seater and ending up with a Dodge Caravan. Our party consisted of 4 adults two childen with 2 large and 3 medium size suitcases + hand luggage. The boot space was enough for all except 1 medium case which we had plenty of romm for on the inside.

In my opinion I would say with 5 of you then you will have no problem getting all luggage in even if you take the kitchen sink.

Great cars so much storage space, have a great holiday

Super Moderator
    We had a Chrysler Grand Caravan with 7 seats on our last trip which was to collect our son's luggage from UNC. There were only 4 of us so we did put down all the back 3 seats but managed to pack in and had room to spare: 2 large suitcases, 2 medium suitcases, 1 large rucksack, 1 very large sports type bag on wheels, 3 laptops, 4 back packs, 3 frisbees, 2 footballs, 2 pillows, plus sundry other bits and pieces.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all your advice.
    I had a look at the dodge caravan and it looks fantastic. Wouldn't mind driving one of those here!!
    I think I probably will go with the 7 seater.
    Many thanks again[msnsmile2][msnscared][msnscared]