Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Ninteno Wii & Wii Fit

Ninteno Wii & Wii Fit

Hi,

I plan on buying an Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit when I go to Florida, will this work in the UK? Will I need to buy all the games there too?

Claire

Hi Claire,

I'm not sure if the Wii will work in the UK, but you will need transformer thingy to allow you to plug it into the UK sockets. Not just a US/UK adaptor, but a transformer too.

also, you won't be able to play UK games on a US console, although there may be a way around that.

All in all, you may be better off buying in the UK as it would be so much hassle to get US games.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    It would also be set to the US Television system NTSC as opposed to the UK system which is PAL. Whilst most modern TV's will accept either inputs it also means that only US games will play on it.

Better to buy in the UK I am afraid.

I just bought a nintendo ds lite and the charger was only for 110v. I just got a UK one from ebay, but it must be a real hassle for anyone visiting another country from the US as they will have to get a voltage changer so they can charge it
    Shirley

Florida Savvy
    For the DS you can always use the car charger which is universal. Or buy a DS European charger for just a few bucks you still save a lot of money. For the Wii, just buy it here and save yourself a lot of grief. By the way our Wii fit has arrived, what a cool toy !

We have a US DS and charge it through the shaving plug when in the UK
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx