Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Strollers from the parks

Hiring Strollers from the parks

Hi,

My son will be 5 when we go to Florida and too big for a pushchair.
    Will he be able to use the strollers for hire in the parks or will he be too old for these as well? I think he'll get tired walking around the parks.

Hi Claire,

Your son will not be too old to use one of the strollers for hire in the parks, you see many 5 and 6 year olds using them. I think it is a good idea, as you are right, the parks are far too big for the little ones legs to handle. Funnily enough, when we used to go when our boys were small it was the 6 year old in the stroller and the 2 year old toddling along.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Expert
    Although I have no doubt that a five year old would fit in one of the strollers from the parks (they are very roomy) I found that when mine were that age they did not have any intentions of going in a stroller. I think it was the combination of having not been in a pram for some time and the excitement of the parks. They were fine but did sleep well. We made sure we spaced our days well with relaxing stuff like the water parks and shopping/pool days. That was for all our benefit not just the youngest.[msnwink]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Well worth getting one for the cost particularly at the end of the day. even if they want to run about for most of the day at least you've got the option of letting them have a kip!

Also it's somewhere to put the bags and other stuff you seem to accumalate; we love it when the grandchildren are with us so we can have a stroller to put this stuff in, and of course the grandchildren[msnwink]
    Dave [msnsmile2]

I know that this is an old post, but I would suggest that anyone who think that they need a stroller for more than a few days would probably be cheaper to buy a cheap on in Wal-mart as the rental costs soon mount up. Our son was able to buy a car seat for their three weeks at less than half price of the cost of hiring one from the car hire companies. Also it was clean rather than the sometimes grotty ones that you get. Just an idea. You can always dump when you leave.

Andrena

Florida Expert
    We also bought a stroller/pushchair for our granddaughter it was only around $20 and served it's purpose, mainly for carrying our bags and she sat in it going back to the car. My 'kids' referred to is as 'Mum's zimmer' because I found it easier to walk with the pushchair than on my own [msnsmile]
    Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    I agree it makes financial sense to buy a stroller for the little ones who need it each time you visit the parks. For me this year, with a 5 year old, we only needed one for those days when we planned to stay and see the fireworks in the evening - then we persuaded him to sleep mid-afternoon. When they get bigger, the Disney strollers are a good size for them to flake out (and also hold 3 rucksacks pretty well when they are active) - Wal-mart $20 strollers are not quite so good for this.

Florida Chatterbox
    $15 single and $31 double for stroller hire in Magic Kingdom.

Buy one over there is my advice.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Savvy
    The price to hire these seems to me so out of synch considering you can buy one for the price of 1or2 days rental
    Ian Mcc