Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: weather in august

weather in august

well everyone could anyone tell us what the weather is like in august

Very hot and sunny with an occasional spell of rain which is normally over very soon.
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    We love August,we have visited Florida just about every August for last 5 years.

It is hot but we like it that way. You do have thundestorms, usually mid afternoon, but these actually cool off the afternoon slightly and the rain/roads is dry after a few minutes so it doesn't stop you enjoying the day.

It does make for higher humidity but after the UK's weather we never complain.

I think Florida has a great climate and possibly why it is visited at anytime of the year.
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't really like July August...nothing to do with the heat...but the humidity ...if you are fine with that then no worries but you should know it can put a downer on a day..it makes me really tried and bad tempered...if I don't have to go those months I don't...but if its the only time you can go...just drink a lot of water and give yourself more time to do stuff...I leave going to the parks an extra hour...and I really keep an eye on the weather so I don't get rained out to much late afternoon...the weather forecasts are really good most of the time....

Hot and humid, go to the parks early, go back to the villa for lunch and enjoy your pool in the afternoon, then go back to the parks at night.
    Roger

Gold 5 Star Member
    I avoid Florida in July and August because of the humidity but I'm able to go any time of year. That said, if that's your only option, it's manageable.

Most days there will be cloudy periods followed by short-lived but heavy rainfall which clears quickly because of the high temperatures. To give you some idea about that, Orlando has an average August rainfall of around 7" whereas London has less than 2".

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Being retired we can now go when we want and avoid July/August, but when I was working I had to go then and although it was very hot and very humid if that is the only time you can go you cope. If the choice is between going to Florida in July/August or not going at all then I know which option I would choose[msnsmile2]
    Lyn

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We go every August because of our boys - you have to just accept that it's going to be hot & humid and make sure you take water everywhere.

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Expert
    We went for the first time in August 3 years ago and really enjoyed it and are going again August this year. It is hot but we found it ok because they are geared up for it. I even had to buy a jacket for the restaurants because I was too cold with the air conditioning!

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    We were there last August and it was SCORCHIO! very hot, humid and occasional rain showers along with some amazing thunderstorms! The rain is usually over very quickly, but when it rains - it poars!

Were going back next August [msnsmile2]

Carry plenty of water and the little water bottle thingies with fans attached were a godsend - fill them up with ice and they are great to keep you cool during parades and shows etc - you can get them from Walmart or Walgreens for a fraction of the price they sell them for in the parks.