Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Disney Boardwalk

Florida Chatterbox

Disney Boardwalk

We love Boardwalk - Disney don't seem to advertise it too heavily - but for a nice stroll in the evening its great. Walk round the lake, past some of the 'posh' hotels, or hire a 4-seater bike, watch the street artistes - and if you time it right you get a great view of Epcot fireworks for free! Follow signs to Epcot resort areasand you should then see signs for Disney Boardwalk, through the entry gate (tell the guard your just visiting) and then walk through the Boardwalk Hotel.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We once spent a lovely afternoon walking right around the lake and the hotels on it. In and out of The Swan and Dolphin, The Boardwalk, The Yacht Club and Beach Club-you can get great ice creams in Beaches and Cream. You can take a trip on the lake and do the illuminations cruise on a night.

We spent New Year's Eve there and it was possible to watch both the Epcot and MGM fireworks from the vantage point of the bridge. It wasn't crowded at all and you could still hear the bangs! Fabulous!

Someone I know has a timeshare at The Boardwalk. I don't know how much he put down-but it is £800 per year and he goes every other year.

It doesn't take too much to work out the fabulous villa he could have for his £1600!!!!! To be fair he can go to other places- and he can spend more than his allotted 2 weeks at quieter times of the year-BUT-he doesn't seem to do that!

While his friends are in my villa the same time as he is over there-what's the betting that he calls round to take a peek!

Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    Another way to access the Boardwalk is to walk through the Swan and Dolphin hotel ( anyone tell me why its called that when it looks more like a fish than a dolphin?) then you can park on their carpark. No-one ever questions you. With its boardwalk around the lagoon edged by the shops and eating houses,the Boardwalk is themed to look like a New Jersey seaside town in the Atlantic City mould,though sanitised as we thought the real Atlantic City to be quite sleazy in places when we visited. You can walk right round the lagoon past the back entrance to Epcot where the Epcot resort guests enter the park. This seems to come out somewhere behind France in World Showcase because you can see the Eiffel Tower. No craftily sneaking in however as they check the passes just as vigilantly as on the main gate. All in all, a good place to visit, particularly at night to eat when the lights are on over the lagoon and it looks really atmospheric.

Julie Carty