Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Renting for ten days?

Florida Newbie

Renting for ten days?

Hi Guys

We'd like to spend a couple of weeks in Florida this September. My wife has relatives in Naples, so we'd like to spend 9 or 10 days in an Orlando villa (my 3 year old son is already excited about his holiday!), and then we'll go down to Naples for the rest of the holiday.

Are we likely to get many replies from owners who rent for 10 days? It seem that most rentals are in multiples of weeks.

Cheers

Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    Steve
    Most of us are flexible as we realise the full weeks arent an option. Sometimes owners have a policy that at peak times then full weeks or even two weeks is the minimum rental but in September I think you'll find there are plenty who can/will accommodate partial weeks.

You'll probably find as well that to save the drive twice if you fly with many carriers that you can fly into Orlando and out of Miami, and drop you car off at the airport there.
    Babblin Boo

Steve

I'm sure you will have many replies from owners who would be delighted to accommodate you for 10 days.. although like hotels, villa owners calculate your stay in "nights" rather than days.

Many enquirers get confused when they see prices quoted "per week", and think that they have to book at least a week or can only book in multiples of weeks. This however is not the case. It is simply a unit of measurement to give a ballpark figure of the likely cost.

Equally, if you look around, you will see other owners that quote nightly.

But rest assured, villa owners are flexible, and as Steph has already mentioned, with the exception of some peak periods when some owners insist on a XXX night minimum stay, villa owners are extremely accommodating.
    Chris & Peter

Florida Expert
    I have no problem in renting for 10 days [msnsmile]
    Linda

Florida Expert
    We don't mind 10 day rentals at all. Many guests like to use the chance to do some touring and don't always need to spend a full 2 weeks in a single location.
    That is the beauty of booking privately with an owner. You can negotiate your check-in and out to suit your family and you can be fully flexible, right up to the last minute.
    Jo-Anne

Florida Chatterbox
    You will not have a problem renting for 10 nights (except at peak times like Christmas); in September it will not be a problem

Neil

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Steve,

The weekly rate tends to be the standard unit of measure for Villa prices - the daily rate may vary depending on how owners calculate it - in my own case I just pro-rata the rate (i.e. divide by 7 to get a daily rate) then add on a small premium for stays of less than 7 days to cover cleaning costs.

10 Days (or any number of days) therefore isn't a problem. Naples is a nice area - I was down there a couple of years ago.

Now you've just got to find your perfect villa - best way is to list the features you definitely want and then the nice to have's - then stick in a general enquiry via any of the three sites already mentioned above and filter them against your list. Involve the kids in the decision and have fun doing it.

Enjoy!

We all rent for as many days as you would like from a few days to weeeks .
    Look for the villa that sleeps your party and the area you would like ,
    Naples is\a lovely place and very up market so enjoy your stay .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Friends of ours now rent a villa for long weekends...many Americans we know are put off renting villa's because they think they have to rent for a week or more...but I had no trouble finding them an owner who they now rebook with about 3/4 times a year...and who they have recommended to many others...

Florida Newbie
    Thanks guys.

I got home last night to a deluge of positive replies from various villa owners!

Steve