Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found Sea Fishing @ reasonable price

Florida Junior

Found Sea Fishing @ reasonable price

I thought I would share this wee gem with anyone who is interested in doing some deep sea fishing but has been put off by the cost of some charters and guides. I found this while doing a lot of searching for affordable fishing I can do while visiting in July.

So if it is just for yourself or even for the whole family, this looks like a great day out.

I'll be booking a couple of trips during my 3 weeks[clap]

EDIT...
    Sorry MODs, I just realised I shouldn't have posted a link and came back to remove it, just to be beaten to the post[laugh]

Anyway if any of you fishermen/women out there want the link, just send me a PM. Don't just ask here as I probably won't check too often.

Or easier still, just google "pastime princess"

And for your information...the fishing is $69 for the day on a large boat with restarant/food facilities and all fishing tackle and bait is supplied for your days fishing.
    JohnA

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are plenty of similar 'Party' fishing boats that operate on the Atlantic coast - several at Port Canaveral and last time I looked a bit cheaper.

Just to warn you that with up to 100 inexperienced fishermen these can trips can become a nightmare of tangled lines. I fish every day in Florida(my place is on the beach) and I don't know of anyone who has gone on these big boats for a second time.

Personally I would spend more and go on a boat with about 6 people.

Incidentally, you need to find out how long it takes to get out and back to the fishing grounds, that can take up 4 hours or more of your trip; and lots of people get seasick as the Atlantic usually has quite a swell.

Florida Junior
    Hi Robert, I have my sea legs[msnwink] I fish for Tope/skate here in the uk so rough seas are not a problem. Yes I know it could get pretty crowded and I have had plenty tangles in the past. They just won't get a tip if I feel we have been packed in like sardines[laugh]
    JohnA

I have done a few of these large party fishing trips and have always found them good value and not overcrowded. Good for wheelchair users too. fishing is not rocket science (especially in florida) so inexperience does not really come into it. I have always found there to be plenty of room between anglers.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GiZZeRR
    Hi Robert, I have my sea legs[msnwink] I fish for Tope/skate here in the uk so rough seas are not a problem. Yes I know it could get pretty crowded and I have had plenty tangles in the past. They just won't get a tip if I feel we have been packed in like sardines[laugh]
    [/quote]

Florida Junior
    Thanks Martin, I suppose it depends on the booking for that day. Looking at some of the images from the site, it does look like there are some days when it looks less busy. I do think it is worth a try, just to get away from the crowds on dry land.[msnwink]
    JohnA

Hello,

This post is about a year old now, but it's on the same topic I was going to post a question on, so I thought I would add to this one in case it jogs anyone's memory.

I will be in Orlando in August 2010 with family, and we'll have my fishing-mad 15-year-old nephew with us (actually he'll be 16 by then). I thought that organising a fishing trip for him, his step-dad and myself would be something he'd really enjoy, and it would let us all do a bit of man-bonding at the same time, whilst the girls go shopping

My original thought was sea fishing, but I see from reading a few posts here that there is decent fishing to be had in some of the lakes too. Can anyone recommend a day or half-day trip for a keen fisherman (him), a beginner (his step-dad) and a total noob (me!)? They would need to provide all the equipment, and I'd prefer a smaller group rather than a large group if possible...dependent upon cost, of course.

Would experienced fishermen recommend lake or sea fishing? He goes river/lake fishing a lot in the UK already, which is why I thought about sea fishing...it would be something totally different for him, and not something he would normally do at home.

Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    Keith

Hi,
    we have had great feedback about the trips we offer here https://secure.orlandovillas.com/par...etChooser.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
    Hello,

This post is about a year old now, but it's on the same topic I was going to post a question on, so I thought I would add to this one in case it jogs anyone's memory.

I will be in Orlando in August 2010 with family, and we'll have my fishing-mad 15-year-old nephew with us (actually he'll be 16 by then). I thought that organising a fishing trip for him, his step-dad and myself would be something he'd really enjoy, and it would let us all do a bit of man-bonding at the same time, whilst the girls go shopping

My original thought was sea fishing, but I see from reading a few posts here that there is decent fishing to be had in some of the lakes too. Can anyone recommend a day or half-day trip for a keen fisherman (him), a beginner (his step-dad) and a total noob (me!)? They would need to provide all the equipment, and I'd prefer a smaller group rather than a large group if possible...dependent upon cost, of course.

Would experienced fishermen recommend lake or sea fishing? He goes river/lake fishing a lot in the UK already, which is why I thought about sea fishing...it would be something totally different for him, and not something he would normally do at home.

Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    [/quote]

Hi Keith,

We are here in Orlando at the moment. My son/husband both enjoy fishing in the lake here, but this time we decided to try out the deep sea fishing from Port Canaveral. We got the tickets from the link www.park-tickets.com, and ended up doing the full day. It was great! It was a large boat, but only about 10 max people on our trip. The cost included soft drinks, lunch and bait and equipment for the whole day,the crew were very experienced and knew exactly where to stop and we will definately do it again.Hope this helps.

Dawn
    Dawn Murray

Thanks Dawn and Martin....that looks perfect...and much more reasonably priced than I had anticipated[clap]

Martin, does it sell out quickly, do you know? How far in advance would I have to book?
    Keith

It is best to give as much notice as possible. Some days do sell out.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
    Thanks Dawn and Martin....that looks perfect...and much more reasonably priced than I had anticipated[clap]

Martin, does it sell out quickly, do you know? How far in advance would I have to book?
    [/quote]