Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found Sea Fishing @ reasonable price

Florida Newbie
    Hi all, I hope you don't mind going over old ground but I thought I would ask in case anybody has had some recent experiences. We are going out to Orlando in August (26 weeks and 3 days to be precise)and the four menfolk in the party have expressed an interest in doing a spot of sea fishing. Problems are three of us have never held a rod in our hands while the other one has just started lake fishing. Do you think we are being a bit ambitious by going out to sea? If not, can anybody recommend someone who will be gentle with us?
    We all have images of being Robert Shaw though I have a feeling I will be more Roy Schneider. Any info would be very much appreciated!!

Tony

Hi Tony - absolutely not! Our family (hubby me and 2 kids 8 and 14) got tickets through here and we all managed to catch something. The crew are really helpful - an early start but a great day for all.
    Dawn Murray

Hi

We went fishing off Clearwater last October.

Really nice family experience with my husband and children 14 and 16.

I have never been fishing on a boat before. We had to be there for 7.00 am and watched the sun come up.

All I can say was it was amazing, loved the fishing and the whole experience.

Every time I think of it I end up smiling

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I spend a lot of time sea fishing in Florida.

Quite frankly I would spend a bit more and go out as a party of 4 with a chartered boat.

These 'party boats' with 50 or more people can be a nightmare of tangled lines, and they are far more restricted in where they can fish.

You can go either side - Atlantic or Gulf. Also some of the 'lagoon' fishing can be great fun.

Not everyone has hundreds to spend to charter a boat. And frankly your description of nightmare of tangled lines is totally unjustified. From experience it is easier to tangle on a small charter than these large boats (I still own a fishing boat in Florida so do have lots of experience).
    We have had hundreds of bookings over the last 12 months and not one single negative comment. In fact just opposite the feedback is quite exceptional including one chap who usually charters a boat but wanted to take his young family fishing, he thought the whole day was terrific and the fishing was great. facilities inboard way beyond that a charter can offer. Much more comfortable for a fun days fishing, particulary family groups.
    I normally ignore your posts as you do like to yank my chain, I did gave to respond to this one though as it is simply incorrect.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988

Quite frankly I would spend a bit more and go out as a party of 4 with a chartered boat.

These 'party boats' with 50 or more people can be a nightmare of tangled lines, and they are far more restricted in where they can fish.

You can go either side - Atlantic or Gulf. Also some of the 'lagoon' fishing can be great fun.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member

So on an internet forum, advice from someone with no vested interest, is construed as 'yanking your chain'?

'Four menfolk' no families involved!!!

Not at all, advice is welcome, but nonsense is not, see below, I will make it as simple as I can for you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    So on an internet forum, advice from someone with no vested interest, is construed as 'yanking your chain'?'Four menfolk' no families involved!!!
    [/quote]

<span style="color:green">Posted*-*10 Feb 2011*: 20:19:55
    Quite frankly I would spend a bit more and go out as a party of 4 with a chartered boat.</span id="green">

Fine no problem with that but the cost s quite a lot more.

<span style="color:green">These 'party boats' with 50 or more people can be a nightmare of tangled lines, and they are far more restricted in where they can fish.</span id="green">

This is simply untrue and totally designed to put people off booking the great day trips we sell. As I have a vested interest then I have the right to correct information that is simply incorrect.

We did the deep sea fishing half day trip they sell on the affiliated website up here in july of 2009, and there were about 15 people on the boat. I'm not sure it was because it was low season, but it might be. We managed to tangle our lines anyway as we were standing close to the kids, but no bad memories about that, just a lots of laughs, the crew was really patient and were pacing the boat going from one person to the other checking on everybody.
    As I have stated before in other posts, we had the greatest time ever. Two adults and two kids (11 and 14 then). We all caught lots of different fish, our daughter even caught an octopus.
    We saw a lot of wildlife, includind a big band of dolphins, a sea turtle, and one guy caught a huge manta (which got away at the last minute of very long fight[msnoo]).
    The crew was extremely nice and patient and specially attentive to the kids, who spoke very little english at the time.
    The food you get included in the price is your basic greasy junk food, so I was glad I had brought chips and apples and juices/water (although they give you drinks but I can't remember how many are included).
    You can keep your catch or leave it to the crew, which we did. I think they said there was a place down the pier where you could ask to have your fish prepared and cooked for you...?

Anyway: we definitely recommend the half-day trip for a family or a beginners group. Mid-morning till mid-afternoon, it's a great first fishing experience, at a reasonable price, plus you get to spend some time at the beach on the same day.
    It's definitely our daughter's best memory of the whole Florida trip, and we all thought it was very special.