Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: House Cleaning

House Cleaning

Hi all.
    Just got back from a wonderful first villa experience and I have a question.

Is it the norm to be responsible for the laundering of towels and bedsheets before checkout?

Not that I mind, but I would like to know for my next trip.
    It certainly added stress having to do laundry on my last day with 5 kids and a checkout time of 10:00am.

Thanks

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    In most villas it is considered the normal to at least start off one load of laundry and possibly strip the bed as there is such a quick turnaround period.

It's not the norm to launder all the towels and sheets though!
    CDV

Hi

I normally ask for beds to be stiped and 1 lot in the wash and 1 lot in the dryer!

Some people don't, it just helps the cleaners.

Dianne
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3290.aspx

www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-3405.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi,

I don't think that this is the norm. We ask our guests to strip the beds and start the first load of washing off for our Management Company then leave all the rest of the sheets and towels in the laundry. Almost all our guests do this for us.

I have never head of asking guests to wash all towels and bedding...This is an imposibble task, I really don't know how you managed to do it and leave the villa at 10am.
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

I also ask that guests strip the beds and set one load going ( but this is only if they have time as I appreciate that it can be a tad stressful trying to pack up kids and stuff).If you are being charged a cleaning fee then that should cover bedding and towels surely.
    Jan and Lee

We are the same as everybody else. Stip the beds (that way the cleaners know which beds have been used) and start 1 wash off.

Florida Chatterbox
    We don't ask our guests to strip the beds but most do. Even if they strip the beds and put one load in before they leave it certainly helps the cleaners.

Sandra

We just ask guests to put the towels into wash and put the dishwasher on with the last of the dishes. If guests have asked for a late checkout and this is possible, they would then be asked to do some laundry.
    Shirley

We just ask our guests to strip the beds, put any used bed linen and towels in the laundry room and put the first load of washing in. That way it helps to cut the cleaning time down - and our costs to guests.

Maureen

Maureen Green

It is nice and helpfull if a guest just places the bed sheets in the washer, but certainly not mandatory.
    A guest is..a guest and is on holiday.
    I cannot remember the last time I helped a hotel clean a room, and I dont necessarily see why villa guests should not be treated similarly
    paul
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1470.aspx