Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Cleaning

Florida Newbie
    We have stayed in 5 different villas over the years and although only some of them have asked us to put a washing on we always do it anyway.
    We put the bed sheets in first thing and by the time we have all had our showers the sheets are done and we put the towels on.

We then have our breakfast, load the dishwasher, [msncry]cry because we are leaving,fly home and start saving to go back again lol
    Sheena

We also ask guests to put a wash on before they leave and like Sandra, try and avoid back-to-back bookings.
    Brenda
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3197.aspx

Our management ask all guests to strip beds and put everything in the laundery room ready for the cleaner and then she can put the first lot on and carry on with the other jobs she has to do ,It gives her a start .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would maybe do it...but not if asked...this is a holiday after all...I clean and wash stuff at home....I'm a bit of a mucky pup on holiday....would never rent a friends villa..

Florida Junior
    We are just back on Saturday and before we left the beautiful villa, which was immaculate when we arrived, I stripped the beds, washed the sheets, dried them and then started on the towels. It is easy to do all this while you are doing your last minute packing, etc. The villa was obviously someone's pride and joy and I wouldn't dream of leaving a mess!! I have done this in all the villas we have rented over the years. I think it is courtesy to leave the villa as you found it.

Florida Chatterbox
    We always strip the beds and wash the sheets. It's a bit manic in the morning doing the last bit of packing but I find it easier to make sure everything is packed and nothing is left behind.

As we go out of season we are normally allowed to stay there until we leave for the airport. When we return from checking in cases at DTD and having breakfast, the sheets are dry and the towels are ready to go into the dryer.

My sister is a good houskeeper and whilst I'm still packing she's washing the floors. Last November the villa owners arrived on the day we left, we followed our normal routine and when I arrived home they'd emailed to say they couldn't believe how clean the villa was.

DH even hoovered so it was a joint effort.

We also leave on a Saturday the day after a trash collection so we also try to put the majority of the trash out on the Friday therefore ensuring that we only put a maximum of one bag in the bin.

At Easter we followed some guests in our house and told our MC that we'd do the clean.(I didn't want to wait till 4pm)

When we arrived I was speechless! Our guests had washed &dried all sheets & towels, folded them and left them on the beds. The house had been hoovered, dusted, floors washed, in fact I actually thought the cleaners had been.[msnoo]

Most people are so considerate and leave the villas in almost the same condition as they found them.

But back to the original posting .... I think perhaps the wording on the owner or MCs request was possibly badly phrased. I'm sure they only wanted you to start the laundry off. Anything else is unreasonable.

Bernadette

Florida Chatterbox
    I have to say we always try to leave everything as we find it. We always wash all the towels as we go and strip the beds, give a good hoover, dust, tidy up and clean the bathrooms. It seems a bit disrespectful to leave it any other way given how nice they always look when we arrive.[msnsmile2]

Florida Newbie
    When staying in a motel/hotel all the laundry is able to be done in a commercial machine rather quickly. Most villas have small washing machines and it takes forever for the towels to dry. Self-Catering rental villas do fall into another category and from what we have read so far most guests feel that when renting someones 'personal' property, (not commercial), they take care of the villa as if it is their own. I'm sure all villa owners here appreciate this and they love to keep their investment in 'top shape' for a longer period of time. I'm sure every owner wants to keep their villa as a pride and joy! Each new guest also appreciates the condition of the villa when they arrive as well and continue the 'tradition' may it be and will gladly come back to the same villa next time and again. Sadly to say there is the possibility of the one in ten or so guests that may 'mistreat' a villa that can cause harsher wear and tear than usual. We are all very unpleased to hear this when something like this happens.

Gold 5 Star Member
    There is a difference between misusing a home..and not wanting to wash stuff in the rush to get to the airport...
    my neighbors keeps asking me for a link to the site to book a villa...but no way...her kids are a nightmare..I would not wish them on anyone..
    I'm a messy holidaymaker...I don't have time to turnaround most hoildays...I think a cleaner would have her work cut out after my family left...but nothing would be damaged...
    When people stay with us I never enter their rooms...I did once never again...I wait till they leave and do a clean up...some people you don't expect to be dirty really shock you when you share a house...