Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your miracle cure?

My friends are off on a daytime flight from Orlando shortly. I will check out who they are flying with.

I have not used Melatonin, but just sent hubby to get some, although I am a great believe of mind over matter[msnwink]There is usually so much to do when we arrive home that I do not have tie to think about being tired. I always stay up until normal bedtime which usually works.

Sandra

Florida Savvy
    If you take an early morning flight from Orlando or Tampa to, say Washington, you can catch a flight at around 9.30/10 am that lands in London at 10 pm. We have done this with United a couple of times and it is perfect for driving home and going straight to bed. These are the only times I have had no jet lag!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would love to try Melatonin but I don't think you can give it to children (I am not sure what age it is safe from). I can't see the point of me being in normal time and them being jet lagged, my idea of a nightmare[msneek][msnoo] Does anyone know what age it is recommended from?
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    For everyone's information I have just found an information website on Melatonin and it states only over 18s should take it[msneek]
    Ruth

Your natural Melatonin (a hormone)levels deplete on long hall flights. Taking the tablets keeps the levels topped up and I find it works extremely well. I have always suffered from very severe jetlag and get after effects up to a month later. The first week is a nightmare. The last fligt we had was coming back to the UK after a long absence, i took Melatonin before and after the flight and I could not beleive how well it worked. Not one second of jetlag
    I had bought a great big tub of the stuff and have given it out to quite a few folks traveling long hall. They have all been impressed. Trouble is I have non left for myself[msnsad]

I've tried Melatonin but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I get terrible jet lag and nothing seems to help [msnsad]

Florida Chatterbox
    The best way is not to give in when you get home and go to sleep. If you can manage a couple of hours on the plane then just keep yourself awake as long as you can. Even if you last until 8pm and then go to bed you should be fine in the morning, its important to try to get back to your home sleep pattern as soon as you can.
    Andy

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Peppermint
    If you take an early morning flight from Orlando or Tampa to, say Washington, you can catch a flight at around 9.30/10 am that lands in London at 10 pm. We have done this with United a couple of times and it is perfect for driving home and going straight to bed. These are the only times I have had no jet lag!
    [/quote]

Very handy if you live near enough to Heathrow but you won't feel much like a long motorway drive and almost all the day flights land too late catch an air or rail connection to other parts of the UK.

You can stay overnight at Heathrow and travel the next day but that makes it expensive and to some extent defeats the whole object of doing it. That said, I found it much better for me than an overnight flight.

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andy_d
    The best way is not to give in when you get home and go to sleep. If you can manage a couple of hours on the plane then just keep yourself awake as long as you can. Even if you last until 8pm and then go to bed you should be fine in the morning, its important to try to get back to your home sleep pattern as soon as you can.[/quote]I have tried that, stayed awake as long as possible say 9pm and have no trouble going to sleep but the problem is I am wide awake again at about 2am, we all bump into each other on the landing saying 'can't sleep'.

We always try to travel on a Thursday so on the return trip we land Friday am so have the weekend to try and get back into the swing of things.

Gold 5 Star Member
    [website link edited]

Don't personally agree with this - I think eating helps?? Although not necessarily plane food [sick]
    Julie