Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AOA Villas

Florida Chatterbox

AOA Villas

Not sure if this is a trip report or not but this is where my life on these forums started.

Well for those of you that may have read my earlier posts about allocation on arrival villas you may be interested in knowing how things panned out now I am back home.

As it turned out although we booked through Thomsons we ended up with a First Choice package as they are now one and the same company. We picked the keys up at Sanford airport and registered the villa the next day at the First Choice office.

Well my initial question was about location and we ended up at Lake Berkley, just off 192 behind Medieval Times adjacent to Wal Mart. A great location with easy access to all the parks and amenities. We were allocated a 4 bed villa rather than the 3 bed we booked so to say we were pleased is an understatement.

The quality of the villa was good and what we expected basic, no frills, clean and comfortable a typical holiday home. The only thing that you could comment on was perhaps a freshen up of the paintwork would put a shine back on the villa. Comments from the guest book complained that the beds were noisy but we found them very comfortable and I don’t know what they got upto but when we went to bed we were beat and slept like a log. Usual cable TV in lounge and main master bedroom. No other TVs in the villa. An added extra was free international calls from the villa which was unexpected and very useful. This only worked to landline phones not to mobiles but hey it was free.

The pool was great, we had decided not to have it heated however found it refreshing and after a couple of days decided to have the heat switched on. We called in at the First Choice office and made the arrangements. It was $30 a day which we thought was a bit expensive so we opted for just 7 days which should boost it up and if we put the blanket over the pool at night this would keep most of the heat for the remaining days of our stay. Giving the pool a couple of days to heat we were convincing ourselves that we cold feel the difference but we still thought that the water was on the cool side. However as the temp was 88 – 94 degrees it was a welcome plunge to cool down. By chance after 5 days the pool guy arrived for his routine clean and we asked him what he thought. The heating had been turned on but the thermostat had blown and the water had not been heated after all. We went back to the First Choice office to advise them and as there would not be enough time to have the thermostat fixed and the remaining days left we asked for our money back. There was not problem with this but as it was Memorial Day they would have to check with the “real” management company who look after the villa to confirm that what we were telling them was the case. It took 3 days the get a refund. But no issues in ducking the claim. This was our only bad experience with this villa and all in all did not spoil our enjoyment.

Would we go back to a villa? The answer is yes, however if it were just my wife and myself we would probably go back to the Rosen Centre but if there were more of us then a villa is the way to go. Now having the confidence I also think that I would book direct with an owner as you all maintain a higher standard with added extras. Going with a Tour Operator, for us, was not a horror story and a good way to try it out without the “worry” of hooking things together. But now we have done it there is nothing to fear.

Attached are a couple of photos of the villa.

It all seems a distant memory now.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions about our experience.

[img]http://www

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad to hear your holiday went well David. We had our first two Florida holidays and stayed at Lake Berkley both times, it certainly gave us the Florida Bug.
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks for the report on your holiday David and yes, Lake Berkley is a great location and just around the corner from us.
    Glad to hear you will take the plunge and DIY villa holiday next time
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Very pleased you had a good holiday in Florida. We are in our villa with all the home comforts at the moment but only have another week before we go home to the UK and probably the cold.
    Lynne

I David glad you enjoyed your vacation and a nice place to stay in Lake Berkley near to lots resturants and shops also not far from theme parks .
    It is not hard to plan your own vacation as you realise now but at least you can choose your own standards next time .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes, Lake Berkley was a great location and I would recommend it.

It is a gated community with security. You were issued a pass when you arrived which you had to display to gain access. The guards were friendly and always acknowledge you as they opened the gate. Felt very secure.

The general area was well kept with ground maintenance teams descending twice a week to keep the lawns well manicured. Bins were emptied twice a week although I never saw the garbage truck, and there was no litter.

Parking was only allowed on one side of the street and most opted for their driveways which made the place look clear and spacious. A strange thing was all the mail boxes were on the same side of the street, the non-parking side, which I guess is to help the mail man however it confused us when we arrived trying to find our villa.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Pool area looks very nice.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Expert
    You're right the mail boxes are generally down one side of the street; the mail trucks or cars are right-hand drive.
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi David

We are glad things worked out for you and that you had a nice holiday. Pool did indeed look very nice - makes us wish we were there especially when you look out the window at a grey sky - feels more like Autumn than Summer[msnsad]

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox

Hi so glad your holiday was a great one!

The pictures of the villa look lovely and very much like the villa i had through first choice.
    I have booked my villa from a private owner this time, we dont go until Nov 09[msnscared]
    Thanks for letting us know i was wondering how it went and glad it all ok for you and your family[msnsmile2]
    Ali