Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Orlando for veggies

Florida Newbie

Orlando for veggies

When I lived in the states I found that being a veggie was quite difficult sometimes. As this was 15 years ago Im hoping that things will have improved. Do restaurants have a better veggie selection now? Any suggestions on where to eat apprectiated.

Thanks

Jo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    They won an award for the best veggie in Orlando.

My daughter (a veggie) went there and the chef came to her table to talk her thorugh the various options.
    She was very impressed - as the general idea of veggie in a lot of restaurants seems to be that it must be ok to eat chicken!
    Having said that - I have noticed recently that a many restaurants do now offer veggie choices.

Ayone can eat at Boma (you don't have to be a Disney guest) - but best to book in advance.

I am a veggie and enjoy the Italian restaurants such as Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill.
    Brenda
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3197.aspx

Florida Expert
    There are several veggies on here so you'll soon get all the latest info. I must admit that Pasta and salad wears a bit thin after a while, which is what most restaurants still offer as veggie fare.

We haven't tried Boma at Animal Kingdom yet, although it looked very good. Jiko their main restaurant is brilliant with really imaginative veggie fare. They have been incredibly bold with their menu as many of the main items are veggie and not just included as an after thought. It's more for a special ocassion than every day though as it isn't cheap.

We really enjoy Olive Garden too, especially their minestrone which unusually doesn't contain beef stock.

Whole Foods Market, the world's leading natural and organic health food supermarket is being constructed on Turkey Lake Road and is expected to open later this year, so hopefully this should have a better selection of veggie goodies than many of the supermarkets offer.

If you do a search for 'vegetarian' on this section you'll find loads of other postings.

Have a great time.