Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian

Florida Newbie

Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian

Hi everyone,

Having searched the forum we've decided to have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian before we go to MK for MVMCP on 16th December [xmas2], however I was wondering about parking.

Would I be right in assuming that we couldn't park at GF from 3pm til midnight? If so, would we be better to park at the Ticketing and Transportation Centre, get the monorail to GF, then monorail to MK. The return journey obviously being MK to TTC.

What are everyone's recommendations for tea, especially for 12 year old DS?
    Kevin Kelleher

You would have no problem parking there for this time if you had a reservation for tea.

You have two parking options, either valet or self parking. You do need to go to the security gate into the GF and show some ID. You can then drop you car with the valet at the main entrance and collect it on your return the charge for this is $10 plus a tip for the person who brings your car back.

If you choose self parking you drive through the GF back across the road to the self parking.

The journey into the MK should be by Monorail as it's the next stop. When you leave they will be busy so I would go to the dock and get one of the small launches that go around the MK,GF,P,TTC. Unless they have changed the first stop after the MK is the GF.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    Can't speak for Grand Floridian as we haven't eaten there - but the other Disney hotels we have dined at have a 3 hour limit on the parking permit (which has to be displayed on the dashboard).

This was certainly still the case last week!

Not sure if it is policed though.

Also - don't forget that the driver needs to show photo ID to gain entry to the parking.

I was at the GF two weeks ago and stayed some time with no problem. They have had the parking permit to display for at least five years and I have never seen them checked, or another note put on a car.

If your concerned then use valet service as they put the car in their own private lot.

Dave

Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    We had tea there...no parking problem..great little meal...will be going again...

Florida Newbie
    Thanks, everyone, for the replies and suggestions.
    Kevin Kelleher