Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: TRAVELLING TO ORLANDO WITH A NEWBORN

TRAVELLING TO ORLANDO WITH A NEWBORN

Hi we are travelling to visit my parents with their new grandson sometime in June. We have not booked yet but we are thinking of travelling with Virgin.

We do have a few concerns and would appreciate advice from any seasoned travellers.

1) Can you take pre-made cartons on the plane and use steribottles or is it best to take own made, obviously there will be issues with taking liquids on so do the pre made cartons count?

2) We have a car seat and separate chassis that we use as a pram, will these have to be checked in with the baggage, if so can anyone recommend how we keep these damage proof or are we allowed to take the right to the plane?

Any additional pointers greatly welcommed

Hi - we first took our youngest on Virgin when she was 6 months old. On the plane it was so easy - we booked a Skycot so she could have her naps (you need to phone Virgin cust service to arrange this and they were really helpful when I did it). We checked in the car seat from our travel system and took the buggy bit right to the plane where it was whisked away and loaded into the hold. As your car seat acts as the pram bit I would imagine that you will be able to take that all the way to the plane too but it may well be worth phoning Virgin to ask the question.

As far as milk is concerned, I actually took her usual formula powder in one of those three section tubs, pre-measured ready to add to the water which I took in her normal bottles. At security I just had to sip the water to prove it was ok (much better than sipping formula!!). I'm not sure about the pre made cartons as there was a limit on the size of liquids that you could take through (I think it was around 100mls at the time which is smaller than the cartons)but this was the beginning of 2007 so the regs may have relaxed slightly. I just thought that taking the powder through with water was a safer bet coz if I had to discard the water I could always buy it either airside, or get it on the plane.

As far as any other pointers are concerned, I would say just to try to stick as closely as possible to the baby's routine and make sure you have a bottle or a dummy for him to suck on on take off or landing to equalise the pressure in his ears.

Other than that - have a fantastic time!!
    Alison and Danny

My brother and his family flew back this week with Virgin as just as Alison has said they were able to go up to the plane with the pram and car seat before it was whisked away. They had the pre made up cartons for my niece and had no problem with taking them onboard.
    Jan and Lee

Florida Expert
    Be warned with cartons we usually have these but on our last trip to spain (beginning of may) the customs man wanted us to taste all of them NOT just 1. I was there arguing for 30 mins so I tasted 1 and my husband ran to boots to buy the number we had him put in the bin. I tried to explain there were all the same so surely tasting 1 was all I needed to do and thery had to be drank with 1 hour ect etc but no I got a jobs worth man who said the rules had changed recently etc etc..
    I would take a few cartoons if I were you but powder would be your best bet and just taste the water then like alison said above.. Good luck and I hope you dont get the same man I got, we nearly missed the plane I was there so long arguing with him...

I wouldnt have minded but I phoned the airline the night before we left and asked them about cartoons but I guess it just depends who you get from customs dealing with you.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx