Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so far....

still sounds great!!!! sorry to hear little uns got an ear infection hope it clears up before flying back.....
    looking forward to the next bit, thanks
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Excellent trip report, I am really enjoying reading it and looking forward to the next installment[8D]
    Ruth

Florida Junior
    well, had our disney day, did the entire of disney in one day and didn't take as long as we thought it would. started in hollywood studios (i still keep calling it MGM!!)...straight to the right, get fast pass for tower of terror and then onto aerosmith then back to tower of terror, by the time we had finished that there was already a 30 minute queue. did the great movie ride, remembered why we didn't bother last time.....how old is that ride now!? watched the stunt show which was very good then went on the new toy story ride which was absolutely brilliant. worth going into that park just for that ride. then drove over to animal kingdom to go on the new ride everest. looked a bit like a runaway train while we were queuing but when we got on it, much faster and you go backwards too, the track behind you changes so you don't know what's about to happen!
    came home for a swim to cool off then went back to epcot to see the fireworks in the evening....disney done in one day....

friday went to aquatica which was a lot smaller than i expected!! got there at 9 o clock when the park opened and within half an hour we were queuing over 30 minutes for a slide. luckily got them all done as soon as we got there and then when it got busy went into the wave pools and the lazy rivers. highlight of aquatica is the rapid river. you wear a float vest and it's like a lazy river only you are going loads faster. if you go in it wear a float vest because you go around quicker then. you do keep bashing into people though because you don't have much control over where you are going....you have to put a lot of energy into getting off as well!! the dolphin tubes were rubbish, queued for ages for that and if you blink you will miss the clear part of the tube where you can see the dolphins, plus they will probably be hiding behind a rock anyway. there is a viewing window you can see them off the slide though. there are signs up that you can't take food or drink into the park, we didn't take any anyway but other people with us had packed a lunch and had to leave it in their car. left there at about 12 o clock, had done everything once and didn't want to queue for ages in the boiling heat for a slide!! the men did learn their lesson though and they all wore t shirts this time!!! so no sunburn on this trip.

in the evening went to bahama breeze for tea on international drive. when we got there they told us there was a 2 hour wait for a table!! luckily someone already waiting left and the restaurant gave us their slot so we only waited half an hour. the food in there was lovely. we had lots of cocktails too and the prices are very reasonable. definately recommend this one!!

on the way home popped into premium outlets, quiet there at 10 at night and got around in an hour before everyone closed. added to the shoe box pile again!

today there is a shuttle launch at kennedy so we are thinking of driving down there to watch that....dunno yet. i have seen one before and it's probably going to be very busy down there....

only three full days left now (boooooooooooo) so they will be spent doing last minute shopping then packing, repacking, weighing cases etc etc. plus we must the most of our pool in the last three days and relax so that we don't go home completely knackered!

lovely..... so look forward to reading other peoples trip reports, feels like we're with them!!!
    am loving this and dont want it to end...... enjoy your last few days.... and thanks[clap]
    Liesa

Florida Junior
    I'm loving reading your trip reports! I can feel your excitement and joy through your words. I so wish I was there. Look forward to your next update. Make the most of our last few days.

Florida Junior
    i have just seen the shuttle launch!!! you can see it from our villa!!! tuned into nasa tv and took the laptop out by the pool and watched it from both angles!!! woooooooooooooooo

brillaint, we're hoping to see a launch in august when we go to florida!!
    Liesa

Get the little one some EARPLANES in the newsagents in the airport when you fly back [or walgreens beforehand] otherwise you could have a nasty pressurised earache on the plane.

Florida Junior
    I take it you're back now? We want to see your lovely pics!

Florida Junior
    yes got back home yesterday, knackered!!

spent our last three days just relaxing, packing, repacking, packing again, trying to get each case under the weight limit. me and my husband had a total of 18 stone of luggage!! oops!!! someone else took one case back for us though so no additional charges!!

flight back was a bit rough, took some sleeping tablets though and slept all the way through it!!

i shall sort some photos out to put up on the forums!!