Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: so far....

Florida Junior
    ok next part!!!

haven't really been doing much special though....

went to wet n wild, they have a new slide called brain wash which is absolutely brilliant, it's worth going just to go on that. you get four people in one ring but (here's the downside) you have to carry that up the slope and it's REALLY HEAVY....we managed it twice before i nearly passed out....that's enough exercise for this year!!
    anyway, the slide is all enclosed and you go off in the dark then hit a REALLY steep drop where you actually leave the bottom of the slide for what seems like minutes....then you are right up the other side nearly vertical.....brilliant.
    queues were quite long, well i thought they were, in the afternoon we were waiting for 30 minutes on some slides. had to all get out of the water at 1 o clock for quite a tremendous thunder and lightening storm...lightening is really loud here!! then we got back home and because all the men didn't listen to us women they were sunburnt....all had a bit of a laugh at them, should have listened to us.

next day off they go to busch gardens, i had a day in the villa because i have been there 7 times already and fancied a day around the pool - with suncream. when they got home the men were covered in big pus filled blisters on their sunburn and they were in A LOT of pain. spent that evening keeping them cool with lots of wet face cloths and me keeping on at them to drink loads of water. they couldn't sleep that night and the next day we had to cancel our plans because they couldn't get any clothes on over them. so listen to us women!! and wear suncream!! men!!!!

the day after the injury day....after a lot of aloe vera and us reminding the men that they should have listened to us (they won't hear the end of that one).....we decided we might not have enough shoes and needed to shop more. so we visited winter garden. if you haven't been shopping here before you must go, brilliant shopping area, we only stopped to have a quick browse and ended up there all day. more shoes added to pile....

and today guess what we did.....yep shopping!!! we had a dvd shopping today and now look what happened:

we are planning on going to sleuths dinner show tomorrow may go aquatica in the daytime depending on how the men's shoulders are, we have been trying to stay out of the sun for the last few days!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh how silly getting that sunburnt, I'm surprised they haven't got sunstroke which is much more serious. It really does ruin a few days, especially after dark when it always hurts the most, and is so preventable. If it persists, go to a pharmacy in any supermarket or Walgreens or CVS and ask for something for it.

If you like having a laugh, then I think you'll enjoy Sleuths, which is very entertaining and the food's not that bad either but don't have the pasta - rib is heaps better and worth the extra!
    blott

Florida Junior
    yes we went to walgreens to get stuff, they were very good in there. i expect they get it all the time!!

we have the choice of chicken, steak or lasagne at sleuths.....do you think the lasagne is going to be as bad as the pasta?!?!?

free wine anyway....doesn't really matter what food there is to be honest!

apparently it's "cornish hen", there best not be any cornish jokes because all 11 of us are cornish.....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lasagne is pasta...

Cornish hen doesn't mean it comes from Cornwall it means fed on corn (or so we were told by the Americans sitting at our table in Sleuths and I think they were telling us the truth)!

I'd go for the steak if I were you, it was very nice.
    blott

loved the second part, shame the fellas got burnt.....even mine dont listen......looking forward to the next part....
    Liesa

Florida Junior
    ok next bit!!!

went to sleuths dinner show and it was really good, very funny. lots of british humour in it and the wine was good!! usually when it's free beer and wine it's horrible. food wasn't the best, my chicken was lovely but the steak was really fatty. i got the tickets cheap from ebay anyway so it was worth what i paid for them!!

day after we went to planet hollywood for tea, had to wait 20 minutes for a table which i didn't think was too bad. food was really good but i did feel like we were rushed a bit. afterwards walked around downtown disney shops and marketplace. it was REALLY busy, i guess because there were people here for the bank holiday weekend.

yesterday went to islands of adventure and surprisingly it wasn't busy at all!! longest we had to wait in a queue was for spiderman which was 25 minutes. 20 minutes for hulk and we went on dueling dragons first and didn't queue at all for that. had a good look at the sectioned off part where they are building harry potter. the steel framework for the castle is half up now and the castle is going to be massive!!! can't wait for that.

just as we went into the park though jordan was sick and had to be taken to the docs with a really high temperature. turns out he has an ear infection and was given antibiotics. now he isn't allowed to swim or go on any more rides for our last week!! that cost $300!!!! we take the nhs for granted i think. should be able to get it back on insurance when we get back though.

we finished every ride by 4 o clock so went to the cinema to see "forgetting sarah marshall" which was hilarious. then onto hard rock cafe for tea. hard rock has a much better atmosphere that planet hollywood. they had everyone up standing on their chairs dancing to YMCA. the food was much better and a little cheaper.

having a bit of a rest today, my feet are killing me!! so i think i will go swimming in a minute then lie in the sun (with suncream). the men's blisters are all popped now and they are scabby and peely!! might try a greek restaurant tonight on international drive.....
    tomorrow we are planning to do all 4 disney parks in one day so i have to recharge today!! we have been so many times we are only going to go on our fav rides.....going to be a long day though!

Florida Expert
    Well I am sure you have got lots of shoes to change to give your feet a rest!!![msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
    Well I am sure you have got lots of shoes to change to give your feet a rest!!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

Hee hee
    Shirley

Florida Junior
    Oh wow, you sound like you're having an amazing time. Apart from the blisters and ear infection that is! lol

I really enjoy reading everyones trip reports. I really must start replying more lol.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. I'm so jealous! I'm off to bed now it's late. Although I bet you're just sitting down for some Greek food now! lol

Just catching up, didn't realise you were updating under this heading
    Jan