Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Villa vs House

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
    The surrounds for pools are different with each 'villa' (vacation home). Some pools have complete privacy , others have no-one overlooking the rear of the home but may have pools to the side.

I don't think you will be able to get a short term rental in Clermont but you will find homes available in both Davenport and Kissimmee.

Someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong about Clermont.
    [/quote]

There are many short term rentals available in Clermont, off H27 slightly north of 192, some within 10 mins of Disney[msncool]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i was under the impression villa was all on one floor and the townhouse was on 2 levels?
    [/quote]

My home is a 2 storey but it's not a townhouse
    Shirley
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1786.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JMor99
    Hi: Thanks for the replies. When I look up these areas on Google maps, I am amazed at the density of houses in each area. Do the pools have privacy shades so you can't see into the neighbor's pool, or vice versa? Is Clermont considered the newest area? I think I need to choose from Clermont/Davenport or Kissimmee. My family and I plan for a week at Disney.

Jim[/quote]Hi Jim

Welcome to the forum. You will probably find that some of the "older"
    developments have larger lots, so you are further from your neighbours pools.

Judy

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Shirley G
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i was under the impression villa was all on one floor and the townhouse was on 2 levels?
    [/quote]

My home is a 2 storey but it's not a townhouse
    [/quote]Ours too! It is a two storey single family home that we refer to as our 'villa' [msnsmile2]

Not sure what you mean by 'privacy shades' Jim but some pool cages have 'Florida Glass' in some of the panels for extra privacy.

Feel free to ask whatever you like, someone here will always be happy to help. Once you have rented a vacation home you will never want to rent a hotel room again [msnwink]

Have a great vacation [msncool]

Florida Expert
    In my experience to get everything you want from a villa - and that includes privacy - you need to book early. There are plenty of villas out there that are on the edge of the developments that are looking onto a conservation area, lake or orange grove and have a south facing view. Some have 5 foot high walls around the pool that protect your privacy but we always found these to be to enclosed (personal taste plays a large part here). We have also always stayed on the H27 and have found it excellent for local shopping (Walmart and Publix only 5 mins) and close to all the major theme parks.
    To be totally honest though Jim if you really are only going for a week I wouldn't get too hung up on the pool. A week goes very quick in Florida and if you plan on doing Disney/Universal as well then you probably won't be spending that much time at the villa.

Kenny

see you learn something new everyday
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:i was under the impression villa was all on one floor and the townhouse was on 2 levels?[/quote]

Definitions vary across the USA, but the term 'Townhouse' is normally what we in UK would call a semi-detached or terraced house. The number of floors is not important.

I don't think the term 'villa' is widely used in the USA to describe the type of house that most people on this site own. i.e. a single family detached home on a development. I suspect the term 'villa' was used to make it sound more 'up-market' for rentals and has caught on!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the term villa came from using the description that has been widely used in Europe for many years to describe a detached holiday home.

When we first started going to Florida the holiday comanies used to use the word villa in their heading for the holiday homes such as Fantasy World Villas and then in the descriptions they would put townhouses as they were actually what we would call terraced houses.
    Babblin Boo

There are many sub-divisions in Clermont to choose from, Highgrove, Silver Creek, Glenbrook, Sunrise Lakes and Orange Tree are just a few of them. Clermont is in Lake county and it is probably the newest county to be developed for short-term rental
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    As an American owner, I can confirm that "villa" is not a familiar term in the U.S. I have been under the impression that it's widely used in Florida because of the large majority of UK owners. Florida "villas" or vacation homes can be one floor or two. I always thought that townhouses were not single family homes, but part of complex with shared facilities (i.e. community pool vs. a private pool).