Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Villa vs House

Florida Newbie

Villa vs House

Hello:

I am unsure what is the difference between a villa and a house. Where can I read about the definitions, or can someone here explain? I do appreciate any assistance you may give.

Thank You

A Villa is just another name for a vacation home, they are houses [msnsmile2]
    Jan and Lee

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    It just a different saying between the UK/US and European.

Some say vacation home, some say single family home, some say villa. It is more common to say villa in europe than in the US
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    Doesn't 'Villa' have a specific meaning in the US when referring to residential property? It's not an description you hear much over there and seems to be used almost exclusively by UK visitors.

Villa is sometimes used to describe an apartment or suite in Florida. It can be confusing however you will not be confused if you are using any of the links on this site where the villas are all detached houses. There are also some townhomes which we would describein the UK as terraced or semi detached homes.
    If in any doubt at all the owner will clarify the exact property type for you. That is one of the benefits of booking directly with the owner.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Yes a Villa is normally a townhouse/apartment/condo over in the US. What we would class as a villa a la Europe would normally be called a single family home/dwelling or such likes.
    CDV

i was under the impression villa was all on one floor and the townhouse was on 2 levels?
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Hi: Thanks for the replies. This forum is a big help. I am from the U.S. and have never rented one before. This is new to me and am doing a lot of research. Am I correct in assuming most of the owners are european? Is this because of the weak U.S. Dollar? When I look up these areas on Google maps, I am amazed at the density of houses in each area. Do the pools have privacy shades so you can't see into the neighbor's pool, or vice versa? Is Clermont considered the newest area? I think I need to choose from Clermont/Davenport or Kissimmee. My family and I plan for a week at Disney.

Jim

The surrounds for pools are different with each 'villa' (vacation home). Some pools have complete privacy , others have no-one overlooking the rear of the home but may have pools to the side.

I don't think you will be able to get a short term rental in Clermont but you will find homes available in both Davenport and Kissimmee.

Someone will be along to correct me if I am wrong about Clermont.
    Angela

I used to sell vacation homes in Florida and yes the majority owners are Europeans (in particular from the UK). Florida and the dollar has always been a good relationship for Europeans.
    All homes will have pool screen around the pool to keep out insects. Some will have privacy at the back some will not. Seeing someone elses pool from yours would not be an issue for me.
    Any of the areas you have mentioned would be perfect, there is no real difference between any of them (I managed homes in all of those areas). Most homes are within 20 minutes easy drive of Disney.
    If this is your first time put an inquiry out on the above sites and have a look through. This is without doubt the best run and most friendly site for choosing a vacation home.
    You will never go back to a hotel after staying in a villa/house. If this is your first time no doubt you are nervous, feel free to ask any questions you can think.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by JMor99
    Hi: Thanks for the replies. This forum is a big help. I am from the U.S. and have never rented one before. This is new to me and am doing a lot of research. Am I correct in assuming most of the owners are european? Is this because of the weak U.S. Dollar? When I look up these areas on Google maps, I am amazed at the density of houses in each area. Do the pools have privacy shades so you can't see into the neighbor's pool, or vice versa? Is Clermont considered the newest area? I think I need to choose from Clermont/Davenport or Kissimmee. My family and I plan for a week at Disney.

Jim
    [/quote]