Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flip-Flops in Theme Parks

Florida Newbie

Flip-Flops in Theme Parks

Are you allowed to wear flip-flops in the theme parks? I assume that you can but that you'd just have to take them off to go on the 'leg-dangling' rides! Can anyone confirm this for me?
    Nikki

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Flip flops are fine, if not the most comfortable thing I wear in the parks. I don't tend to go on the big thril rides. But you do have to take them off on Soarin'
    CERI

Florida Expert
    I always wear flip flops. You just need to take them off and sit on them on any rides where you think they might fall off. You won't be alone.
    Angela

You see some people putting them under tee-shirts on the rides.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Flip Flops are especially handy on rides such as Kali River Rapids where there is a high chance your feet will get soaked. I find them quite comfy to wear.
    L

Florida Expert
    We have seen flip flops in all of the parks - though we have commented that they are in a minority compared to crocs and sketchers. In fact every park we have been in so far has a crocs stand (Disney and Universal) with all different sizes and colours available - just in case your flip flops arent as comfy as you first thought.

Kenny

I always wear flip-flops to the parks and find them very comfortable, I like to get my feet tanned[msnsmile]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

i'm not a trainer girl and will always wear flip flops when the sun is out
    Karen Scott

Florida Expert
    I can't wear anything with a toe peg and I have to have foot comfort! I love my Clarks springer sandals. Am going to buy some crocs for the water rides though as they take forever to dry out.

Any sort of slip on shoe needs to be removed for a leg dangling ride. You just leave them in the compartments when you get on the ride and put them on when you get off. This is why I can never understand why 'for hygene reasons' they make you leave your shoes on, on a rapid ride when you know you will end up ankle deep in water
    Shirley