Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flip-Flops in Theme Parks

Florida Newbie
    Thanks - will definitely be packing the flip-flops!
    Nikki

Our Daughter loves Flip Flops, its the only footwear she wears on a Holiday.

I would vote for a good set of Trainers myself

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I did a silly survey for a few minutes the other day at Universal to see the number of crocs and pleased to announce only saw three pairs, mainly trainers and sandals including flip flops.
    CDV

Each to their own, but I can't understand how anybody could find flip flops comfortable for a day at the parks. I mean, you walk for miles and flip flops just aren't designed for that.

You also would need to keep taking them off for rides. Hate the things. IMO, they look horrible too.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    You tend to wear what you fin most comfortable!

We've seen people in high heels as well as shoes / flip flops / crocs / trainers

I tend to wear what my feet tell me that day! (if you know I mean - They don't really talk!!)

Sandals / Flip Flops tend to be quite popular, plus you can take them off easily
    Crocs are unbelievably comfortable once your feet get used to them.
    Last year, the first time I wore mine to the parks, I ended up with blisters on the top of my feet!
    but now they don't give me any trouble!
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Junior
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
    Each to their own, but I can't understand how anybody could find flip flops comfortable for a day at the parks. I mean, you walk for miles and flip flops just aren't designed for that.
    [/quote]

I'll be wearing mine - I wear them all day every day in the summer and am quite capable of walking miles in them - sometimes up quite steep hilly paths. I like the soft soled ones with thin fabric straps like these http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/womens-f.../6179328929264 - I have two similar pairs that I've had for a few years and are incredibly comfy. Mind you, I do have a large gap between my first two toes which probably helps!

If my feet do complain I have my Tevas. I can't wear Crocs with bare feet as they rub the tops of my feet and get all sweaty. I wear them all winter with socks though!
    Jane

Florida Savvy
    I used to wear Clarks Springer sandals until I discovered Flybot sandals; they are the most comfortable I have ever had especially for long days at the parks.

Harvey
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/273.aspx

Unless I wear socks whatever I am wearing has to have a lining which is not slippy, suede, raffia or fabric are ideal.
    My feet sweat[msnscared][msnembarrased] and slide about otherwise[msnoo] and then I get blisters.

This is only a recent problem since I became a woman of a certain age[msncry][msncry] but it certainly curbs my footwear wardrobe[msnsad]

PS It's such a shame as otherwise my feet are my best feature[msnwink]

Liz

Florida Newbie
    I agree with Harvey - Flyflots are the most comfortable ever (and I've tried lots).

I've got sandals, clogs and shoes. We went to New York in March and I specifically bought the Flyflot shoes to wear for the many miles of walking there, I had no problems whatsoever.

The sandals are ideal for a day at the parks. We're back in Orlando in December - the Flyflot sandals will be the first item in my case.

Edit to add: This post is from Mrs CUFC
    Kevin Kelleher