Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13th birthday in florida, what to do??

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unfortunately Liesa although it sounds wonderful (especially the chocolate fountain) it looks like Twilight Discovery is out as I've checked the website and the dates year are from June 3rd - Aug 22nd so will be finished before you get there. Just to whet your appetite for another trip maybe though.

"
    2008 Twilight Discovery Summer Package

During the warm Orlando summer nights, visitors can enjoy Twilight Discovery, an all-inclusive evening package that brings the intimacy of Discovery Cove to an extraordinary level for 150 people a night. From 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Twilight Discovery immerses guests in a tropical paradise, wrapping them in twilight encounters with dolphins and enchanted evening swims through colorful coral reefs featuring thousands of tropical fish and rays.

As night falls, the journey moves to Laguna Grill for dining and dancing. Guests will navigate their way through gourmet items such as blackened sea scallops and flame-grilled sirloin steak. The decadence continues with fountains of chocolate fondue, flaming bananas Foster and a variety of cakes and petit fours -- for a sweet ending to a perfect evening in paradise.

Babblin Boo

thanks again.......cant talk about it...shes nearby so will have a chat with hubby when Laurens in bed...
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    If swimming with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove works out too expensive for you all to be together you could always do one of the tours at Seaworld along with a meal.

The Dolphin nursey tour is only around $20pp and you could tag on a backstage meal for the afternoon with that. There's also a Penguin and a Shark tour too, but I prefer the Dolphin one myself.

My son's are older but, even so, they still appreciate a Disney breakfast maybe followed by an airboat ride, some retail therapy and finish with a BBQ and cake by the pool. I know that's fairly simple but it does then last all day.

Whatever, you decide to do I hope she has a great day.

Jill

thanks Jill, now if it were my birthday i would love a long airboat ride......(Lauren hates it)
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Sounds like someone is going to be busy deciding what to do for the best. Dont they grow up to quick. [msncry]
    Nikki D

i know Nikki, shes our baby and has been so good with all the little nephews and neices coming along over the years its been hard for her being knocked off top spot...but shes handled it well... thinking about discovery cove right now and looking into a dolphin swim...she wanted to take her friend Jade whose coming with us to seaworld as its the best she said and Jade would love the dolphins as she does!!! bonus!!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    It's good she is taking her friend with her. Think that helps a lot as they get older. Discovery cove would be fab for her. Truely a birthday she would not forget Liesa. [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

i agree Nikki and this is what we have decided....i think..... will phone them tomorrow afternoon.....can anyone help dont want to appear thick.....right entrance fee is $289, but we want to buy the birthday package which is $174.95, im assuming this extra price is for the birthday girl (in this case?) not each person on top of the $289 already paid? want to book this asap as they have her birthday date available for us to go!!!! only one thought, Steve (hubby) and son Russ cant swim.....am sure they will have a great time but will they get bored?
    thanks everyone....not done this before so am a likkle excited!!! but this is a secret!! she doesnt come here anymore so should be ok
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Liesa
    Even if they can't swim, I'm sure they will enjoy it, everbody has to wear a flotation vest which are like wetsuit material and there is also the option of a full life vest (hard body) so they can still snorkel etc without fear of drowning and can still walk around the park and aviary etc. Even if you can't swim you can do the dolpihin swim if you choose the flotation vest is that good) Who knows they might even be swimming by the end of the day.
    Even without the birthday package, I'm sure your daughter would still have a fabulous day and one that will stay with her for a lifetime.
    One thing I would suggest, I dont know how many of you were looking at doing the dolphin interaction but it's a good idea to separate the times, so if 6 of you were doing it for example, book the times as 2x3 or 3x2 so that the others can take more pictures of you as well as the photos cost quite a lot of money otherwise.
    If you don't want to tell Lauren till closer to your visit, you can give her presents that will give her clues but not necessarily give it away, things like a waterproof disposable camera (they're great so you dont have to worry about losing or damaging an expensive camera and you can get the pics put on disc, or some water shoes.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Liesa, if you can push the boat out a bit more, trainer for the day is an amazing experience and certainly one you'll all remember. I'm not keen on water, especially when out of my depth but the trainers (and the life vest) fill you with confidence. So much so that I did everything everyone else did, including the swim through the 15ft deep reef tank!

We got some brilliant pics. You are given waterproof cameras and the trainers will use your own camera to get great pics of you.