Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 13th birthday in florida, what to do??

13th birthday in florida, what to do??

we go to florida on the 25th august, Lauren will be 13 shes growing so fast she will 13 on the 2nd of september....we want to do something special that she will remember all her life....that wont break the bank!
    any ideas please?
    we will be taking her best pal with us so it will be good she has her to share with , trouble is Lauren was always the eldest in her class at primary school and Jade her bessie has always been the youngest in the class.....we need something Lauren would be able to share with Jade.......
    so exciting!!! she was asking for a liom ride here....bit boring here tho as its the "in" thing....she wanted a party....phew thank goodness we're away.....so want something nice whilst away......
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    What about a balloon ride? That's pretty special and I think she'll remember that for some time to come.

You can get ice cream birthday cakes from Friendly's, Dairy Queen or Publix which would be a bit special too perhaps - it's not something people normally have at home.
    blott

thanks Blot, balloon ride out of the question shes like me, can manage the plane just but as for balloon ride no no...will have a good look around for the cakes....always liked the look of the ones in walmart and wishing we could just pretend there was a birthday as they looked so nice....will have a few days there before getting one so can look around...will also leave the girls at home with Russ whilst we go birthday banner/balloon shopping!! just need a something special treat...
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    OK, if up's no good, what about under? Something like Discovery Cove perhaps?
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is she a girly girl Liesa or a tomboy?

Have you done Discovery Cove yet, most teenage girls I know seme to be enamoured of dolphins.

When my daughter turned 13, as her birthday is in August and were going to Florida (this was the year we started looking for our house), she was a huge fan of Friends and most US rom/com films so my husband suggested we flew via New York. We didn't let her see any of the paperwork and managed to get the check in clerk to say nothing about where we were headed so the first she realised was when we were going to board and we headed for the gate for the New York flight instead of the Orlando one. On her birthday a couple of days later we went up the Twin Towers amongst other places (this was in '99).

I know lots of people suggest things like spa treats etc but I tend to be one of those who would rather leave the "grown up stuff" till a bit later, there's always plenty of years left for that.
    If you give us an idea of what sort of things she likes it's sometimes easier than picking things at random.
    Babblin Boo

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    How about skydiving in the wind tunnel. They would not be high up in the air, just a couple of feet above the net. You can get a video along with picture CD so they would have good memories of it.
    Also took my son Parascending last year, but I supose that is out of the question.
    Sea world do a lot of special activities, normally justan hour or so out of your day and not too pricey - could be worth looking at these.
    Christine

ummmmmmmm, she is girly and she is the youngest of our 6 children and shes not a young 12 for now......very mature for her age....not sure about discovery cove but will look it up..thanks [8D]
    cant think of what she likes, shes into everything.....
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
    How about skydiving in the wind tunnel. They would not be high up in the air, just a couple of feet above the net. You can get a video along with picture CD so they would have good memories of it.
    Also took my son Parascending last year, but I supose that is out of the question.
    Sea world do a lot of special activities, normally justan hour or so out of your day and not too pricey - could be worth looking at these.
    [/quote]

must admit she did say seaworld was her favourite park.....i wonder about a swim with dolphins??????????????????????
    like the wind tunnel...she may do to...i want to try and be sneaky about this so see what she likes without her knowing so i can book things in advance.....
    will go browse seaworld
    thanks all so far keep em coming please
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    How about the Wishes firework cruise, have you done that yet, maybe make up a picnic hamper for the family?

A Wishes Fireworks Cruise is as easy to arrange as any other recreation Advance Reservation. Call 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529) as far out as 90 days in advance to book your own cruise. The current 2007 costs of a basic Wishes cruise is $225.00, and this includes up to 8 people as well as a driver, water, soda, and bagged snacks. A premium Wishes cruise is currently $275.00 and holds up to 10 guests plus a driver, water, soda, bagged snacks, and an audio feed of the soundtrack. But it doesn't stop here. For an additional cost ($250-300), you can book a birthday cruise, which includes balloons and a birthday cake. You can also add anything from a simple collection of beverages to chocolate covered strawberries all the way up to a full meal. Check with 407-WDW-PLAY for options, they're happy to help you!

Instead of a limo ride you could opt for a strech hummer to take her somewhere special for a meal, bit more Ammerican and maybe not seen as many of those as limos.

How about doing the Twilight Discovery cove experience? I havent been then but would imagine there would be less younger children around than during the daytime and you might get a nice sunset to add to the magic. This can all be prepared in advance without her knowing and you get the benefit of having a pass to either/and Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica to spread the pleasure over more than one day.
    Babblin Boo

now we're talking.....that sounds great Steph......have also looked at the discovery cove birthday package, that looks nice to... will mull over a few ideas with hubby Steve and see what we come up with...
    Liesa